Flywheels and clutches........

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Time is comming to change the POS :puke: DMFW and my future upgrades include some baby Swamp injectors and Bills chip.

SO..........is the South Bend unit worth the $$$$$ or is anyone running the LUK cerametallic and SMFW??

Lets hear from some of the handshakers:D

B

Big K

Originally posted by Wideopen
Sorry man Auto here..but I guess since I have an auto there was probable no sence in me posting

But you did, didnt you, you post *****:moon: ;)

I know, wrong flavor, but I will be doing the SBC very soon. Only a matter of deciding which one. I know what kind of power I want to hold, and will use the appropriate unit. I hear they're pretty well tuned in there @ SBC. I'm not really considering any other options at this time.

Ggg

Reaction score
I like the S. Bend. There is a upgrade thats is about $200, I feel it is worth it. Without the upgrade I think they say it is good for about 400hp. With the upgrade it will hold a lot more.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
The MAX HP I want is 400.......thats plenty for a workhorse that I depend on daily for work.
Power wise that will do me fine and the swamps and chip will put me close.
I build stairs and sometimes it is nesc for me to haul a large curve
stair to a job and then BACK up a sometimes steep and nasty hill,
so you see my desire for smooth clutch operation.

AN NO!! I will never go back to an auto....so save your breath!

I put a LUK in my IDI and was quite impressed!
Are the South Bends as easy and smooth? I've heard some storys about them being real touchy and grabby.

:confused: :D

Brickman

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat
LUK, ask Brickey about clutches!!!!!!!

LUK and only LUK!

OEM went out at about 70K, approaching 92K miles later on a LUK with no problems. The leg effort required to push the pedal down went way down with the LUK. Much easier on the left leg when driving in traffic.

Geo go to the TDS site and follow the LUK link from there. That is the best pricing I have seen yet.
Your planned HP will be no problem for a LUK. I think they go up to 600HP or more.

B

Big K

Like I said, I don't know how this applies to the Ford, but SBC has a few different friction materials available. They seem to be able to build to suit your needs. At 400 or so, their OFE should do nicely. I notice NO difference between that and OEM in the Dodges. FWIW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70