Floor pan help

M

maxdiesel

I'm trying to get the parts needed to repair the floor pan of my truck. It's an 87 f350 standard cab. The support (rib)that runs from the front cab mount to the back or the cab floor is shot. I went over to Ford and the parts guy didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Does anyone know what this part is called and where I can get a replacement?Thanks

Attachments

• Floor pan.jpg
    Floor pan.jpg
    947.4 KB · Views: 54

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks like you need more then just that support rib! but theres a site called LMCTRUCK.COM and they have alot of the replacement parts for the flooring, but im not for sure if they have that support rib or not.

M

maxdiesel

I can get the floor pan and rocker at LMC. LMC has the same basic diagram as the Ford dealer. The problem is unless you know the part name(support rib is not a listed name) or number your taking a chance on getting the wrong thing. If anyone knows the proper name or part number it would be a great help to me. The upper part of the body isn't bad so I would like to repair the floor pan.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I can get the floor pan and rocker at LMC. LMC has the same basic diagram as the Ford dealer. The problem is unless you know the part name(support rib is not a listed name) or number your taking a chance on getting the wrong thing. If anyone knows the proper name or part number it would be a great help to me. The upper part of the body isn't bad so I would like to repair the floor pan.

My truck needs the same part. I to would like to know the name. I'm needing the cab mount, cab floor and rocker panel. There is a site called Tabco http://www.tabcobodyparts.com There parts are made here in AMERICA, try them out they might know a little more about it.

If all else fails im sure you could fabricate a piece to go in its place, wouldn't have to be to fancy since its not visible.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
That portion is the main floor frame of the cab and is not reproduced as far as I know. You will have to fabricate and patch that rail.
I certainly hope you can find someone that makes the thing. But to be honest I dont think its meant to be replaced. Thats where they draw the line at calling in a new cab I believe.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
might have luck if you try a place called "year one" never used them myself but have heard good things about them. Or talk to your local tin banger (sheet metal guy) he could probably fab one up for you in a couple hours

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That part stretches from the rear of the cab past the fire wall and serves as a mound for the inner wheel well. In addition, it is built into the front cab mount and is well integrated into it. I took mine off and repaired them, then pug wielded them back on as I rebuilt the cab mounts. Its very unlikely that you will find a replacement part like that. But since its under the truck, I don't think you have to get or make an exact replacement. With some imagination it is possible to make something that closely resembles the OEM fit and function. Assuming you can wield, that is....

M

maxdiesel

I'm really surprised that with all the restoration parts company's out their no one makes repair parts for this. I've done a little bit of welding but for me fabricating the mount would be a new adventure. If anyone who has made this part has a pic of what they built please post it .

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck needs the same part. I to would like to know the name. I'm needing the cab mount, cab floor and rocker panel. There is a site called Tabco http://www.tabcobodyparts.com There parts are made here in AMERICA, try them out they might know a little more about it.

If all else fails im sure you could fabricate a piece to go in its place, wouldn't have to be to fancy since its not visible.

FYI, I grew up in Chesterland and the parts from Tabco are typically not made domestically. They are inexpensive and for the most part work pretty well, but definitely not factory grade equivalents.

In regards to your floor rib, I would suggest fabricating one. I don't think any of us would lose any money at Barrett Jackson for not using OEM parts :rotflmao

Good luck no matter which way you go.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
got another cab if you are anywhere near PA:D i hate rust:mad:

M

maxdiesel

Jred I'm near Monticello NY a little over 3hrs from York PA. Do you have a whole cab or are you parting it out?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go to the trouble of removing the cab, then take two old spindles/hubs, some miscellaneous steel, and the welder, and build one of those rotisserie gizmos with enough clearance to rotate the cab completely upside-down.

Once the cab is bottom-side-up, it is a simple task to cut away, rebuild, replace, and rust-proof/paint everything under there; much easier/better than craning your neck, stuff falling in your eyes, and trying to work upside-down.

Even if you go with a different cab, you should still flip it over and fix/prevent any problems, while it is easy.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
When I need something like that, I found that there's a local utility trailer builder where they also sell metal and those guys can duplicate ribs like that no problem. I've had them cut out light plate on a huge shear and then bend them up on a brake . I rerecently had them custom bend me a couple of z shape frame rails out of some serious stuff to mount a generator underneath my 5th wheel. Saved me a lot of work.
Might want to look around and see if you have a place like that around.

M

maxdiesel

Well at least I know what my options are. Truck isn't bad except for the floor problem. I'm tempted to try and come up with a repair I can do myself. How complete are the aftermarket floor repair panels- do they go all the way to the front of the cab where that cab mount is? Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• Side viewJPG.jpg
    Side viewJPG.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 6
  • support close up.JPG
    support close up.JPG
    632.8 KB · Views: 9