first time hook!

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Also if you want to change gear while your pulling and you have a manual, DONT it wont work, sometimes ir you dont have the right gear and your dont make 100 feet you can try again but thats for around hear i dont know about were you are

TRUE! In bigger events you WILL be disqualified----and laughed off the track!

the drive train is under tremendous strain and the sudden off-torque/on torque/full throttle strain will shell most everything from the flywheel back:eek:

Most places it is only 50 feet for a re-hook.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Pulling is a good time! I was able to do it a couple of years ago. I ran in 4lo, put it in drive and let the C6 shift. It worked great and had a ball. It shifted to second and stayed there till the end of the pull, and droped back to 1st.

The way that I figure it, I have the same driveline as the rest of the trucks with a lot less HP so I probablly won't break anything.

Now I gotta try it again this year with the Cummins.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
:rotflmao yea, i've got some old semis lets just jerk those around.:rotflmao so what do they build the sleds out of? i've always wondered...cookoo

Actually in this months "Diesel World" Magazine there is a decent series of articles that just started called "Sled Pulling 101" on pg 68. It gives a general overview of the classes and restrictions and I believe they tell you what kind of specs the sleds have as they are regulated to meet certain requirements. Anyways it was an interesting read, sort of thinking ill get next months issue as well........

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a bunch of friends of mine have a "redneck truck pull" all we do is look around the farms and just hook to anything we can find, its a good time

tractorman86

Reaction score
Actually in this months "Diesel World" Magazine there is a decent series of articles that just started called "Sled Pulling 101" on pg 68. It gives a general overview of the classes and restrictions and I believe they tell you what kind of specs the sleds have as they are regulated to meet certain requirements. Anyways it was an interesting read, sort of thinking ill get next months issue as well........

i've got july, volume 3number7. and nothin there is something on drags but nothing on sled pullin. unless i'm blind deaf and dumb:dunno

sootman73

Reaction score
Where was that at??? How did I miss it? Oh well, maybe next time, I just got back from a trip anyway.

at fulton county fairgrounds in wauseon ohio. pretty fun time. every year around this time it takes place.

put on by maumee valley pullers.
http://www.maumeevalleypullers.com/

tractors as well as trucks. they will have them at fair again also. il probably hook there too. gonna be down in columbus area next friday for a friends fair. i'd like to hook that too! tell you what this sled puling is addictive!:angel:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
tell you what this sled puling is addictive!:angel:

YUP! :D ....and it can be EXPENSIVE too :eek: especially if your puller and daily driver are the same rig!

Just be smart and don't try for that extra foot....unlike girls on trampolines ;Sweet the fun stops when the bouncing starts!

My best has been 263' hooked to a 30k sled.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I pull down @ Morgans Corner in North East North Carolina just a few miles north of Elizabeth city in the Dismal swamp. 5 diesel classes and the rules are pretty lax. They even have a couple of all diesel showdowns. Stock class turbos are ok not suposed to be running propane or NOS but I hid them well. If anyone is in the area come on this weekend. 100 foot for a rehook and 10 bucks.

sootman73

Reaction score
oh my friends county fair is next weekend. i figured id hook since ive pretty ,much got the big bugs out after my wreck.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only pulled a sled 169 feet on a flat track, what a wimpy truck;Poke ....... I just pulled 9,000 lbs 1600 MILES through the mountains and going back for more.:D

Nice Job with the ol' IDI;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online