first time hook!

sootman73

Reaction score
hooked my truck up to the sled sat night at the local truck pulls. just wanted to see what it would do. did alright with 169 feet. beat an '06 Cummins and a first gen with light mods! bad shifting and some bouncing at the end of the run shut me down earlier. should have started in first but didn't. started in second and when rpm's were too high for wheel speed i locked the TC and it came down to 1200! slammed it into 1st and rpms came back up. oh well first time not bad and nothing broken! heres a vid. let me know if it doesn't work. kinda crappy cuz its at night.

sorry ill have to get my friend to put it up on youtube

FordGuy100

Reaction score
hooked my truck up to the sled sat night at the local truck pulls. just wanted to see what it would do. did alright with 169 feet. beat an '06 Cummins and a first gen with light mods! bad shifting and some bouncing at the end of the run shut me down earlier. should have started in first but didn't. started in second and when rpm's were too high for wheel speed i locked the TC and it came down to 1200! slammed it into 1st and rpms came back up. oh well first time not bad and nothing broken! heres a vid. let me know if it doesn't work. kinda crappy cuz its at night.

sorry ill have to get my friend to put it up on youtube

Right on, I'm going to be doing one in the next couple weeks, I cant wait ;Sweet. I'll probably go 3rd gear 4 low, maybe 2nd gear 4 low. I'll try to get one of my buddies to come with a better camera than mine, so it can take a vid longer than 15seconds LOL ;Sweet

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to be doing the same in a month or so, one thing to remember one bounce-ok, second bounce-watch third-your gonna start breaking stuff

sootman73

Reaction score
Right on, I'm going to be doing one in the next couple weeks, I cant wait ;Sweet. I'll probably go 3rd gear 4 low, maybe 2nd gear 4 low. I'll try to get one of my buddies to come with a better camera than mine, so it can take a vid longer than 15seconds LOL ;Sweet

ya i thought i could hold it in second with 4LO but nope! had to drop to 1st. sounds pretty bad on the video. i gotta find some more events close by. i think ill have to go into michigan.

idk how many times it bounced but i saw enough trucks try to drive through it and break so i shut 'er down!

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the thing that sucks about the one pulling clubs rules say that if i put a turbo on i have to run with the Pro Street Diesels they have over 700hp and i would probaly be beaten easily but hey you never know

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
2nd gear and t/case in 4low for us bolt action types :D
I have tried 3rd gear/4 low on dryer tracks to get wheel speed....really works the clutch tho :eek:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We get 3 or 4 chances to see that kind of action around here.

http://buckmotorsports.com/schedule.html

The next is

June 21
Diesel Pickup “POWERFEST SERIES”
Street Legal Sled Pulling & Side-by-Side Drag Racing, Modified Street Sled Pulling, Tug of War,
Best Appearing (Ford/Chevy/Dodge) contest.
Sponsored By The New Holland Auto Group

See you at the Buck! LOL

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if you want to change gear while your pulling and you have a manual, DONT it wont work, sometimes ir you dont have the right gear and your dont make 100 feet you can try again but thats for around hear i dont know about were you are

tractorman86

Reaction score
maybe i'll start my own truck pull events:rolleyes: i sure wish there was a way to do it and not have to spend so much damn money:puke:

tractorman86

Reaction score
:rotflmao yea, i've got some old semis lets just jerk those around.:rotflmao so what do they build the sleds out of? i've always wondered...cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online