First Ford! First Diesel! '90 F350 Reg. Cab 2WD

redacted

Reaction score
Got this truck, I've got no pictures yet (and it's got an advertising sign on it) but picked up a 1990 7.3 IDI truck, runs good. Lots of noises. I have an '05 ZR2 that's rotted to hell. Ford has always been my least favorite truck, except 8th - 9th gen. This '90 still has a lot more sheet metal than my Chev. Traded for a truck winch and a few bucks, drove it 40 miles to get it home all the way up to 60mph. It's okay, I'm pleased.

Has 406,000km (250k-ish miles). Doesn't feel tired. I thought it was super high mileage, but what the hell, it was used and maintained for 25 years.

Wish it was an extended cab, I love the look of them. But I think I'll do well learning diesel with this IDI.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to OBN. quarter mill miles ain't too bad considering the engines rated for 300k between remans.

redacted

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

:)

Crankybait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to OBN !! I recently joined myself and have gotten great advice from fellow members. Tons of info here in the archives or just ask and someone will give u a hand.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude you are gonna' love this site. I bought my truck at 300,000 miles and at 320,000 it still runs like a champ so you're good at only 250,000.

redacted

Reaction score
Dude you are gonna' love this site. I bought my truck at 300,000 miles and at 320,000 it still runs like a champ so you're good at only 250,000.
Only problem is the body. Don't get me wrong, for 26 years of New Brunswick winters, its in decent shape. Frame is great. Box is solid, but one of the crossmembers/box mount(?) that the box sits on is rotten. Easy peasy. Take box off, weld square pipe in lieu of crossmembers. Build flat bed. The cab, pretty much needs a whole new floor. Floor pans themselves are not bad and firewall is okay. The PITA is new cab + all new body mounts. The frame flanges on which the mounts sit on are in great shape.

So, I guess I didn't get a truck I could put on the road. But eventually I'll have a brand new old truck. I think. :)

It'll spend winter in the barn, and haul a few loads of wood a year. Then one day, it'll come out of the barn restored. That's the plan.