Firewall Re-inforcement plate

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
It definitely looks to me like it fits inside. The large egg shaped hole fits over the steering column, then the plate angles up to the right to the clutch master cylinder.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Yep they have been for some time...however i only have one left from my first batch. If your on the hedge i wouldnt wait too long because its going to be another 2 weeks or so till i can make another batch of them.

jcork

Reaction score
I just recently acquired my 1990 F250 and I can hear the ugly noises from the dash when pressing the clutch on a cold morning. I need to crawl around a bit to make sure it doesn't have a kit already (if it does, it's wrong).

Having read the previous pages ....

Freedbird, do you still produce these? How might I go about getting one?

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
you may also want to double check and make sure your bushings are ok. my truck would creak and groan and just replacing those bushings took that away.

poundcake16

Reaction score
I have a 1988 F-150 inline 6, 5 speed manuel, I am having flexing in my firewall and if is causing my clutch/shifting to be problematic. I think I need one of these reinforcement kits. Will it work with my truck? I am also available at [email protected]

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I'm gonna need one of these plates when I start restoring my 1990 F250.

My parts truck 88 F150 5 speed, I don't think has one of those already.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these available for purchase yet? I'm thinking I need one;Really

I just recently acquired my 1990 F250 and I can hear the ugly noises from the dash when pressing the clutch on a cold morning. I need to crawl around a bit to make sure it doesn't have a kit already (if it does, it's wrong).

Having read the previous pages ....

Freedbird, do you still produce these? How might I go about getting one?

I have a 1988 F-150 inline 6, 5 speed manuel, I am having flexing in my firewall and if is causing my clutch/shifting to be problematic. I think I need one of these reinforcement kits. Will it work with my truck? I am also available at [email protected]

I'm gonna need one of these plates when I start restoring my 1990 F250.

My parts truck 88 F150 5 speed, I don't think has one of those already.

I just ordered the plate from Jason at "Terrapin Manufacturing" <[email protected] for 110$ this seems to be the guy to talk to. He has a website too.

Before you go and do the install, read the TSB then read it again, print it out and check this link out too,
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44519

Check here for a little more added info
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186116

as I used adhesive to bond the plate and fire wall and hopefully will get the rest completed in next week or two since I got the engine installed now to finish this off!

Last edited:

tgoodman60

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Again i am going to apologize for the bad cameraphone pics cause my digicam is at work..

here is the first test part. it is only 16ga steel but for only the second part ive cut and doing the bends on a bench vise with a torch...i think i did good.

the production ones will be 12ga and bent on a brake...

so far im happy with the progress though...

im just glad i am able to show you guys some of the fruits of my labor and show that im not just tryin to fill you guys up with undeliverable promises of parts ;Sweet;Sweet
I have an 86 f150 with same problems I am rebuilding it - 302 w 4speed, and found rthat even though someone installed the "cheap" plate, that the firwall is flexing causing the clutch to not fully dis-engage. Upon research found firwall cracked. So went to the F dealer, got a copy of the TSB, and then find that they charge an exorbanat amount of $$$$ for the heavy duty plate. So Are your plates available now? and if so how much?

Thanks

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
yep. I'm actually out of stock at the moment:eek::eek::eek:

I will be making more in the next week or two. I just got back from California so i haven't had a chance to get to my garage.

Jason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online