Firewall Help?

hotford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the part number for the small and the large repair kit? And Who has the best deal on them?

My firewall is cracked at both mounting holes for the clutch master and the pushrod is halfway worn through and the pin on the pedal is half gone. Good find.

Thanks for the help

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really need the large kit if you actually have a crack or severe flexing of the firewall so I have been told. If you want a small kit I think I have one lying around. It would be yours for the cost of shipping, but it might not really be what you need.

hotford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I welded it on last night. Thanks for the help though. I really don't have the money to fix it with the large kit and didin't feel like pulling my steering colume agian, I just got it back in when I saw this. I welded pretty good. The guy before me had tried to fix it with pop-rivets. It didn't work. I drilled out the rivets and welded the whole thing up.

To fix the pushrod I pulled off the tab and ground down the pin. Harmered out the pin and replaced it with a 3/8 bolt. Then I dremeled out the hole in the pushrod so that it was round agian. Then I made a sleeve that fit the pushrod hole and a 3/8 bolt. Works great, so much better. Does move at all now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online