Firestone Steeltex A/T's

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with them? I have been chasing a noise (clicking that varies with the vehicle speed) from the front end of my truck. I tore it down and there appear to be no problems. I have Firestone Transforce on the rears and Steeltex on the front. I just put the fronts to the rears, but have not driven it yet. The Steeltex ones are dated 2004 and I am just having visions of one blowing out. Should I be worried with them?

Thanks,

Nick

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
time for new tires.
i have a set of steeltex a/t's on the back of the carrier, they're not in good shape at all and should be replaced asap. they dried out earlier than any michelin's i've ever owned. as bad as they are, they did pretty good a month ago on the fire trails when it was raining pretty good that day. they did load up with the clay that we call mud around here, but once I brought up the rpm's the lugs cleaned out pretty quick. some local will be really pissed off with the ruts I left behind :D

dmaxjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had steeltex on my dmax 40,000 and they were shot. I rotated close to every 5,000 mi. My brother had them oem on his 2002 f250. He put new ones on at just over 100,000 just because he thought he should. They were still in better shape 6 yrs. and 100,000 miles later than mine were at 40,000 and 2yrs. Never any blowouts or safety issues between the both of us.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Thanks, I know they are getting pretty old, they were on the truck when I bought it and still had the nubs. No cracking and still in new condition, but I kept getting recall info about them each time I searched!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I know they are getting pretty old, they were on the truck when I bought it and still had the nubs. No cracking and still in new condition, but I kept getting recall info about them each time I searched!
iirc the recall tire size was 235/75/15
235/85/16 is not affected by the recall.

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
Had steeltex on my Yukon for 75000. Replaced them because the sidewalks were cracking. Still had great tread left. Really nice tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online