FINALLY scored a column!

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! long time no see!! Hope everyone is doing good, sorry to hear bout the Moosetang Mel, atleast it faired well.

Well I finally got myself a darned steering column today for the '92 at my local yard! Do you know how much of a pain it is to find this things!! especially a '92 tilt/cruise/E4OD column with the wheel??!!!! I paid a wooping 30 bucks!

Has any one replaced theirs, that can give me a little advise or tricks to help it go smoothly? I should be around a little more now, im finally getting to do some work on er, I got to replace the column, rebuild the power steering gear box, then drop the rear tank and find out the bad news on my air issues.

Man I miss that truck! Its been sitting at the garage 20 miles from here for 6 months, and I havent even seen it in 3! hehehe think I'll go visit her tomorrow.

86 1 tonhauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just make sure ur wheels are strait when u take the old one out, oh and make sure u loctite the bole that tightens the uv joint on the s- coulom or u could have a nasty wreck if it comes loose good luck:)

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know how much of a pain it is to find this things!! especially a '92 tilt/cruise/E4OD column with the wheel??!!!! .

you are jokeing,right?there are 6 or 7 of them in the yard i go to here.and more comeing in everyday

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just make sure ur wheels are strait when u take the old one out, oh and make sure u loctite the bole that tightens the uv joint on the s- coulom or u could have a nasty wreck if it comes loose good luck:)

the shaft will go into the column only one way or you wont get the bolt in the joint.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
U WHAT???? Thats amazing!!! My local yards would kill to have those! Those things are as golden as dana 60 front axles around here. In that perticular yard, EVERY SINGLE ford truck and full size bronco is missing the column. I think one person is buying them. I was extremely lucky. I have been looking sence I parked the truck last spring.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U WHAT???? Thats amazing!!! My local yards would kill to have those! Those things are as golden as dana 60 front axles around here. In that perticular yard, EVERY SINGLE ford truck and full size bronco is missing the column. I think one person is buying them. I was extremely lucky. I have been looking sence I parked the truck last spring.

just junked 2 oe them myself that were perfectly good.just have no use for them.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
OK, that should go pretty easy then. I might get to work on it tomorrow.

Oh man, u outta E-bay them things, they got for decent prices for a good one i have as high as 300 bucks for the tilt/cruise/E4OD columns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online