Finally picked up my new project!

Fireman86

Reaction score
This is a super clean one owner 92 3/4 ton 7.3 xlt bone stock truck. The original owner said it started spitting and sputtering and died and hasn't cranked since. That was in August of last year, it's been sitting since then. First thing first is too charge the batteries. Then start diagnosing!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice score. Very clean for it's age. Hopefully it's a simple fix to get her runnin' again. And FWIW I just changed the oil cooler o-rings on my 1992 and the factory ones were completely dried out so that might be a pending issue.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never would use the trailer ball for a tie-down. Use the axle and you won't be fighting the suspension. Let the truck bounce, with the axles tied down.

Fireman86

Reaction score
It was a short trip home so I wasn't too worried about it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Start by checking the level of the fuel tanks. If they are near 1/4 tank you probably just need about 5 gallons added to get it to run. Seems our suction lines in both tanks breaks off and the last 1/4 tank of fuel is not able to be sucked out. I call it holly fuel because we never use it.. That is a simple fix. Just do not run below 1/4 tank and your good to go. You may also have a dirty fuel filter or water in the fuel. More investigation is needed for a better no start reason. Appears like a nice rig too.

Fireman86

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Start by checking the level of the fuel tanks. If they are near 1/4 tank you probably just need about 5 gallons added to get it to run. Seems our suction lines in both tanks breaks off and the last 1/4 tank of fuel is not able to be sucked out. I call it holly fuel because we never use it.. That is a simple fix. Just do not run below 1/4 tank and your good to go. You may also have a dirty fuel filter or water in the fuel. More investigation is needed for a better no start reason. Appears like a nice rig too.

This is the first place I planned on starting because he was on a pretty good hill when it died!

Fireman86

Reaction score
Well I ran out of light today. So far though I have dumped 5 gallons of fuel in it, checked the lift pump and got fuel to the injectors. It is in terrible need of a return line kit! I will get back on it tomorrow afternoon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86