Finally got my setup going!

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my filter setup going :Thumbs Up and have filtered about 60 gal or so. Last night put 5 gallons in the rear tank that was close to full. At first i got worried because the fuel filter light came on and i had not bought a spare filter yet. got onto the highway and light was still on and truck would not go any more than 40 or so. after about 2 minutes of driving like that the light started to flicker and the truck was able to produce power again and i drove the rest of the way to work as normal. anyone else had something like this happen? also what is setting the filter light off? is it pressure in the filter bowl? anywho its all running great now only took about 10-15 minutes to filter the 60 gal. ill post pics of my setup a little later. next step is to mount the whole setup on im thinking a dolly and hooking the pump to my 1/3 hp motor. Im no electrition :smash: but i need to change the direction of the motor i have and have been unsuccessful in doing so does anyone on here know how to do it? there are only two terminals on the back. one goes directally into the coil, the other to a small black thing could be a capacitor but doesnt look like any i have seen, and one more wire comes out of the coil and to a switch that rides against flyweights on the shaft as if to be a overspeed switch??? the motor is a carbonation pump motor. any help would be great! yall take care.:cheers:

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of filter setup are you using? Are you running straight WMO or mixing with gas prior to putting it in your tank?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can turn the motor around.
If the pulley is points away from you turn it 180 degrees so it point towards you.
Granted this only works if your mounting surface will allow.

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive tried and found out my motor is not reversable. Oh well ill make something work. So far ran about15 gallons in the truck. Runs normal just smokes a lil more and smokes white. When I first add oil im assuming oil settles in diesel because after adding 5 gal oil and starting thetruck I get a steady plume of white smoke at idle but after I drive around it goes away and theres no smoke at idle. My buddies idi on the other hand will not start right after adding the oil. Even to a full tank. Wonder if his engine is just tuckered outmaybe and less compression to light the oil wen it gets that initial gulp of oil.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It goes away after idle because oil ignition and burns rate is temperature dependent. I have been running at interstate speeds with a 15K lbs load behind me it doesn't smoke a lick, but pull into a parking lot and idle for 10 minutes and it's pouring out smoke.
PS I'm nearing 30K miles on oil, a large percentage of that on 95% or higher WMO. I don't give a rat's A^^ how much I smoke as long as it Idles smooth, and runs good.

On the motor, the weighted switch is the start circuit, and almost all motors are reversible, some just require taking the motor apart and changing the internal connections.

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
heres the pics yall

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on a type of cart was thinking a moving dolly to mount the pump and filters onto but not sure. Any ides? I will be setting up the new motor soon so ill have a switch and no drill to deal with. So far trucks had 15 gal through it. Today filled both tanks with 10 gal wmo and rest with diesel about 5 gal no 2. I figure about a 67% mix. Runs great nothing changed except white exhaust smoke.

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure how else to post pics so they just pop up any tips? ive never posted pics b4 on here