Finally doing my injectors

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing the injectors on my '94. For the last injector on the pass. Side are you guys taking the waste gate off to get to that injector? Seems a bit difficult to get to.

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it out but the washer is stuck in the bore. Can pb blaster be sprayed in there?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, wont hurt anything.
ive never tried it, but they say that you can stick a flathead down there, tap it to indent the copper and twist it.
then it should come out pretty easy.
id advise cleaning them with a shotgun bore brush or something like it.
removing the glow plug and using a shop vac to clear any debris.

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to use extensions, and a swivel on the last one to get the injectors out. My question is when i use a torque wrench to install the new ones will extensions, swivels throw the torque setting off?

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you actually use a torque wrench on yours? That last injector, and the first one are gonna be a pain to torque down with fuel filter in the way. I would hate to have to remove my turbo just to torque an injector.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A torque wrench is always recommended when replacing injectors. Torque spec is 35 ft/lbs. You can always check the torque spec on an injector that is easily accessible and put an open-end wrench on it to see what 35 ft/lbs feels like. This will give you a ballpark idea on how tight it needs to be. Not recommending this but if you don't want to remove turbo, this would be the next option.
BTW, where did you get injectors from?

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A torque wrench is always recommended when replacing injectors. Torque spec is 35 ft/lbs. You can always check the torque spec on an injector that is easily accessible and put an open-end wrench on it to see what 35 ft/lbs feels like. This will give you a ballpark idea on how tight it needs to be. Not recommending this but if you don't want to remove turbo, this would be the next option.
BTW, where did you get injectors from?
Gonna order from mel. Thats what I was thinking. Ill try to get the feel of 35 ft/lbs on that last injector.

94250turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Good to hear you went with a good quality shop ;Sweet.

Yea I think im gonna get the moose misters. I just wanted to have my cores ready to send in before I ordered instead of trying to get em out after I recieve the new ones.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the mister mark II's do not require a core.
yea i torqued mine. i went a little tighter than 35 ft/lbs.
use anti sieze

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Idiot, about how long did it take you to remove your turbo, I'm getting crankcase vapors from below my turbo.
Sorry for the off topic question.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Idiot, about how long did it take you to remove your turbo, I'm getting crankcase vapors from below my turbo.

sounds like the drain grommet is toast, I do have those in stock now, the real ones not the dorman dodge grommet.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

took me about an hour and a half.
but i was replacing my IP too.
turbo wouldnt come out with the injector lines in place.
unless you lifted the cab a bit.
next time i have the engine out, im modifying the cowl to make this super easy.
for an OEM 093 like mine, its only 7 bolts, 2 nuts, an oil line, a vband clamp, and 3 more bolts for a down pipe exit to exhaust flange i installed
the hardest part is maneuvering the downpipe & up pipe casting through the cab and engine