Finally, almost on th road

childildersj76

Reaction score
Well my truck started and ran for the first time in over two years today. but it runs a little rough. My Dual-mass flywheel went out and took out the Bell housing. The truck has 496,000 miles on it and was running fine, I have yet to drive it because I need to replace the U-Joints and the Batteries(also something possibly causing the roughness) My main concern is Friday I am leaving to NM, is there anyone who has let a stroke set that long, what kinds of set up problems did you have? and seeing I will have limited test time am I crazzy to make the first time back on the road 900 miles with a 30' enclosed trailer ?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Is the fuel in there fresh? Or is it the same fuel that was in there 2 years ago? Once you get some fresh fuel in, i'd run some additive, and change the filter. An oil change might also be in order as well. Old oil in the high pressure oil system could probably cause the motor to run rough. Might check all the electrical as well, especially glow plugs.

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
my dual mass went on my 88 7.3, didnt take out my bell houseing but it made the truck run rough till it settled out, i desided to junk the dual mass, for the cost of a new one it wasnt worth it, i got a dual mass to single mass conversion for it, the total kit was only 600$ and it came with a new fly wheel, clutch and pressure plate, works nice with a zf tranny. only draw back is the pedal rod for the hydrolic clutch assist is longer than that used with the dual mass. i had to do some fab work to get mine the right length. if you get a conversion, make sure you have the right rod or it will cause the tranny to keep from engaging gears.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin