factory turbo / engine / luk smf and clutch

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
Not sure of mileage on engine, it's a remand jasper engine. It has a hypermax cowl intake and a banks 3" downpipe that will go with it, along with a luk single mass flywheel and clutch, an extra fuel pump, lift pump, glowplug relay, oil pan (the one on it has a bung for an oil temp gauge I have), and an e4od dipstick tube that is turbi idi specific (factory non turbo idis have a different dipstick tube for e4ods that gets in the way of the downpipe). The turbo piping will work around e4ods and zf5s, I swapped transmissions and the exhaust piping gave me no problems. I can include the 4 core copper radiator as well, though it now has a leak on the top tank (a shop can probably fix it).

It has a dbelectric high torque starter, fresh glowplugs, and a pretty new alternator (replaced last august). I think the firewall is different in 83-91 trucks, the cowl intake probably wouldn't work on them without modifying.

It's a complete motor minus the wiring harness, throttle/cruise cable bracket, and the oil pressure and water temp sensors. Needed them for the engine swap.

I'm asking $1000 for all of it. I think that's resonable considering I've seen factory turbo systems sell for 600-700 without the cowl intake and full downpipe. Were I asking 700 for the turbo system, that'd be 300 for a running engine, luk smf/clutch, and all the extra parts.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
How much for just the cowl?

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
i dont want to start selling individual pieces just yet.. would like to sell it all together.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
bump. $800 for all of it or I'll scrap the motor and try selling the turbo kit with the aftermarket parts for $700 on here and ebay.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I live about an hour NW of cape girardeau in Fredericktown, MO. The motor is still in the truck atm, you can hear it run before you buy. Or if people want I can take a video of it running

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know exactly where you mean... Believe its down by Farmington? I live 1 1/2 hours north of STL, but work in O'fallon, IL so I'd be 80 miles closer thru the week...... Better yet, just call my cell phone sometime this evening after the east festivities, 618-946-2447. Names Paul...... Whatever I don't need I'll put back on here and sell the the guys wanting the parts...... I can't find my dream truck 94 turbo idi reg cab 5 speed, So i'll build one.... tow my 6.4L puller with LOL

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
63645, opposite side of missouri from you. I'll let ya know if things fall through with Still Strokin, he asked first.

And yeah, it's about 20 min south of Farmington. I'll give you a call this afternoon Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle