Factory Ford Remote Start

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory Ford Keyless entry

ok, for some reason I really want keyless entry in my 88, I am not sure why, maybe because I want to add a more modern feel to my old-but-awesome truck . but not just any keyless entry I want a factory ford keyless entry in my truck. What would be the easiest way to do this? what was the first year for factory ford keyless entry in the F-series truck? I was thinking about getting a Windstar keyless entry module and going to town on the wiring. I want your guys opinion before I do anything stupid/crazy/regrettable haha .

Last edited:

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
so do you want a remote start or do you want a keyless entry?

95 below obd1.. much easier

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want keyless entry, i fixed the title.
I have never seen a f-series older then 95 with keyless entry. I didn't even know they came like that

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
my 97 towncar had the older keyless door system. The system was separate from the ECU, the brain is in the drivers door panel, and mostly self contained. I think that would be the simplest system to adapt. It was on every panther chassis car, and quite a few others.

Actually planning on using that system for my MK3 supra.

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Fox Thunderbirds and Lincolns started using the touchpads in 1980 or 1981. They were pretty common on any deluxe model Ford, Lincoln, Mercury after that. TBirds, LTDS, Crown Vics, all Lincolns - as an ordered option or part of a package. There are some pretty good factory supplement manuals on the system you should be able to find on Ebay.

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions y'all, I think I'm going to go snooping around the junkyard tomorrow..see what I can find. Whatever I decide to go with you can for sure expect a decent write up ;Sweet

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94 was the first year for keyless entry in a ford F-series from factory. Mine has it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel