Factory ATS turbo ebay

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought there was something that had to be done with the downpipe the switch from manual to auto on these...:dunno Maybe I'm confused though (not too hard these days :rotflmao).
the WG 093 doesn't care what's on the hind end of the motor.
the downpipe is already designed to go around the stuff.

adyszel

Reaction score
I had heard that the turbos from ats/ford were crippled power-wise so as not to overshadow the 460 and future powerstroke. How easy is it to improve the turbo efficiency in these units?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had heard that the turbos from ats/ford were crippled power-wise so as not to overshadow the 460 and future powerstroke. How easy is it to improve the turbo efficiency in these units?
by getting the outlet and downpipe kit.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towcat, anything else can be done to increase the pressure these factory units make??? I only get 7psi max. Ive got the outlet and 3" down pipe from ATS so that helps exhaust flow.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towcat, anything else can be done to increase the pressure these factory units make??? I only get 7psi max. Ive got the outlet and 3" down pipe from ATS so that helps exhaust flow.
have you made sure you have no air leaks first?
secondly, have you tried blocking off the wastegate?
third, if you ever mapped the turbo, you will find it is most efficient from 6-9 psi. anything more is generating excessive heat from the compressor side of the turbo and that works against you.
i normally boost 3-5 psi and when working the truck hard, I'll get to 6.
i have no problems kicking the rear loose on the truck when going around a turn.

pacaman

Reaction score

The kit you are looking at has the stock down pipe and it is very restrictive. I think it is 2.25" at the outlet. You will need to buy a new 3" outlet for the turbo and a new 3" down pipe from ATS.

There is a thread going now on the forum about installing the kit. I would provide a like to it but don't know how.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online

No members online now.