facet duralift flow

93 RHD

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently did an electric pump conversion and now my filter light comes on when I get around 90 kph and stays on until I slow down to 80 kph. I have changed the filters twice in 100 klm had both tanks out and cleaned them It also feels like it has lost power like its starving for fuel.The pump I used is the facet duralift 40222. If I continue to use my truck like this will it cause any damage?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It wont hurt anything but it will limit some power. When the filter lite comes on your being told there is no longer pressure fuel being fed to the injection pump. Its now under vacuum but very little vacuum. You may need to get a better electric pump but before that check the fuel lines for damage or tight bends in the rubber hoses. did you remove the mechanical lift pump or are you trying to pump thru it with the electric pump. If so don't do that. When the mechanical pump fails it fills the oil pan with fuel ruining your engine. Also that short length of rubber hose is usually replaced because its old and has seen plenty of use plus.. Its there because of the engine vibration.

gandalf

Reaction score
The electric fuel pump which many of us are using is the Carrier Transicold, which I believe is made by Facet, though don't quote me on that. There is an active, or near active, thread about them and how to order one.

Here is a picture of mine, mounted on the frame rail. These pumps work very well in this application.

You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you mount this pump? Have you got pictures of it?

The one Gandalf shows is a LIFT pump not a PUSHER pump and designed to be mounted up and away from the tank.

If you have the same pump but mounted near your tank, it could be that it's pushing more than it should.

report back with answers and then maybe we can help more!

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something you should have mentioned as well, is the specs on your pump are identical to the pump being sold on here. Or atleast according to one of the websites I found.

93 RHD

Reaction score
I havent got the photos on the computer yet, the pump is mounted in the engine bay just between the battery and power box. It has the same specs as what is being used by some on here, i am currently running two fuel filters, maybe thats it or i got a dud

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Where are you getting your power from? There's a guy over at FTE, (maybe you?), that has the same problem and he's trying to power his pump off of the fuel heater wire.

93 RHD

Reaction score
Im getting power from fuel shut off on injector pump and constant power from starter solinoid

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you turn the truck to "on", before starting the engine, can you hear the pump come on? It is a pretty loud pump. It makes a quick repeating "click" sound.

Next, if it is doing that, do you have fuel coming at the filter head? Can you push the valve on the filter head that looks like a Tire valve and get a pretty strong stream of fuel coming out?

93 RHD

Reaction score
I can hear the pump when the key is on and it pumps through schrader valve , just not enough when at speed

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bypass the extra filters you have on there. Making a assumption that since your light is still working on the dash that the stock filter head is still in place and being used unless you ran the wires to one of the other filter set ups? If it is, that's 4 filters including the built in filter, depending on micron size you put on there might be a little much for these little pumps.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So that is good news. The next thing I would check is this. Look at the clear bowl on the bottom on the facet pump. Are there any air bubbles while the truck is running or signs of trash?

If no, unhook the line from the pump to the filter head and check flow there. These are rated for 33 gallons per hour, so if you don't get 1/2 gallon or so of fuel per minute, there is a problem.

If you do get a good amount of fuel, unhook the line out of the filter into the injector pump and see if flow stays the same to check if there is a blockage in the filter head.

We are looking for blockage in the lines or filter heads.

If the pump does NOT flow enough fuel INTO the filter head, unhook its supply line and stick a new piece of hose into a fuel can to see if it does better then. If so, you have a blockage between the tank and pump. This could be a blockage in the extra filter setup you have.

Good luck with it.

93 RHD

Reaction score
I was running two filters. I just by passed my aftermarket filter and ran the standard filter/ filterhead and no difference, will do some other test later. Now I got to go back to painting my hemi charger

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Painting a hemi charger is a good reason to stop working on the idi. I have read all of the posts and your replys. Seems to me like the feed line from the tanks has a pluggage. Usually we find this in the fuel tank switching valve. Thats the electric valve that changes the tank suction and return lines. Its called the fsv. As the tank suction shower heads break up they get sucked into the valve where they obstruct flow causing what you describe... The valve can be removed and opened but. you need to grind off the rivets that holds it together and use machine bolts to reassemble it. Been done many times so it no new thing here. Those valves are very expensive too. Gravity will show you what diesel fuel does to your underarms. I knew gasoline burned but felt diesel being mostly oil was no problem when working on my valve some years back.. Shocking to learn the hard way. Now if I need to work on the supply line I use a small C clamp or small vice grips to clamp down the rubber lines. Presto.. No more fuel leaking down my arms...