f350 4x4 front springs

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, well the p/o had lift blocks in the front of the truck and there is no way in hell im keeping those things anywhere near my front axle. i was thinking about buying an add a leaf to keep the height or possibly rebuilding the spring pack and adding a few leaves from a donor pack ansd replacing teh center pins and spring pads. what type of springs would be good to cut down ? do you think the rears off of a 3/4 ton truck woudl be ok? i have a parts truck with them and im thinking i could use them. ive built spring packs before i ws just looking for some advice from people who might have modded their front springs.im only looking for about 2 inches of lift.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
Superduty springs can be made to work youll have to move the front shackle fwd about an inch. Are your springs negitive arched? If so the superduty ones should give a good 4". For only 2" lift any 3" wide front leaf should be able to cut and make up till you get the right height. I dont know about useing rears because the center hole wont line up right unless you want to redrill them.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well what i would do is cut the leaves down to fit in the stock pack. so the pins will ine up fine i just cut the spring to length. ive built several leaf packs for toyotas this way. im thinking i might look into the sd springs. what are the specs pin to pin on the sd springs and what are the specs on the 89 1 ton springs? they are not the neg arch springs like he ttb had on my 3/4 ton. its a factory 60 front. a decent add a leaf shoudl be ok, right now the blocks are 3" and it sits a bit too bulldogged for my liking so im thinking a 2-3" add a leaf would settle in fine. thanks for the info on the sd springs

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet thanks for the link, i like the reverse shackle idea, i have a few sky mfg parts on my yota. ill give them a buz

mine is an 89 so i dont think that kit works does it?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
On my 88 the SD springs would not quite line up so the shackle had to be moved fwd about an inch which no big deal. I have heard some people can get them to fit but the shackle is out of travel going fwd and you dont want that either.