F350 2WD front suspension types

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the F350 ever come with control arms up front? As in no Twin I-Beam and no front axle.

I found a guy on flea bay selling 2wd leveling kits for 80's - 90's Fords but it doesn't specifically state I-beam setups.

He hasn't responded to inquiries, so I wondering if the answer is supposed to be blatantly obvious?

Thanks!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only twin I beam, and d-60 4x
F450+ had a straight axle 2wd

one day I will install a 2wd GM 1 ton true IFS. mostly for the ride, but the secondary objective is to **** most ppl off here :D

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

one day I will install a 2wd GM 1 ton true IFS. mostly for the ride, but the secondary objective is to **** most ppl off here :D

yeah pretty much. LOL

on the plus side you will get good at doing front end work.;PokeLOL

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive owned GM vehicles all my life,
nothing a impact, and a air hammer cant do inside an hour

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You forget, he's in Cali. He Doesn't understand the agony of rusted to oblivion suspension bolts.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@IDIoit

If gm front suspension was soooo good for ride....trophy trucks would use it too...but noooo they dont do they....nope...useless craptastic stuff

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You forget, he's in Cali. He Doesn't understand the agony of rusted to oblivion suspension bolts.
remember Mike, I deal with a lot of pre war vehicles, I know all too well about rusted bolts, seized king pins etc.
but... if I did do something of this nature, I would be rebuilding it first, and anti seize'n everything.

@ Al, if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you as well? you know damn well I don't do things to anyones standard but my own, and IDGAF about opinions of cornholes lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Watchu talkin bout Willis?
Most common in trophy trucks is Independent or solid, with ttb somewhere in between.
Shannon Campbell (2 time koh winner) prefers 4 wheel independent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

I tried measuring the difference between the front/rear, but I have a .5" diff from left to right. All the body mounts are good, no holes or rust. And it doesn't matter how I park the truck on the driveway, it's always the same, front driver's is .5" low. Tires are the same pressure. I'm pulling measurements from the crease along the top edge of the body panel all the way down.

Spring sag?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be. Could be a combo of spring sag and body mount squish. They are rubber and do wear over time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin