F250 and F350 pitman Arms ARE DIFFERENT!!!

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After experiencing less turning radius after my D60 swap, I decided to look more into my f250 pitman arm. I had read and heard from several members that they were the same as the f350 ones. But a guy on psn said they were different, and stated that the f350 ones were longer. So I purchased a new moog f350 pitman arm and the f350 is DEFINITELY LONGER=more turning radius.

So.....for all of you guys that have done D60 swaps into your F250's, make sure you swap your pitman arm and experience wonderful turning radius! I definitely noticed the difference. Enjoy!;Sweet

Snapon.

F250 - upper
F350 -lower

You must be registered for see images attach

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
interesting. i have been having issues with my dana 60 swap that the steering links are "snapping" back and forth on the joints. On my dana 60 the rod from the pit arm comes down and goes into the long rod that goes from left to right. The long bar twists up and down on the rod ends and make a snapping noise. sorry for my horrible part descriptions. im thinking it has to be an angle thing. I have a 4" lift with the drop pitman but idk : / I wonder if the f250 and f350 drop pitman are different as well? Thanks for the info

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
turtle, mine does this also. i just learned to live with it after not being able to figure it out.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
snapon, can you give some center to center measurements? i have a 60 in the front but it still has a terrible turning radius

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, looks like I'll be on the hunt to find an F350 pitman arm as well. My turning radius SUCKS...but I am used to it driving the bigger trucks. I have seen dump trucks turn tighter circles than my F250.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is interesting, I'll go check my pitman arms soon, as well as the dropped one I have, wonder if sticking the long arm on my Bronco would make any worthwhile change prior to a D60 swap...hmmmm

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Some time back my steering would lock up when I turned one direction. I needed to use more effort on the steering wheel to finish a turn. I checked all I could and finally found the issue. I had a front end alingment done and the dummy rotated the adjusters up on the tie rods so the bolts were hitting the sway bar but not every time I turned one direction. Tuff find but easy fix.. BTW this is a great find on the suspension changes we read about here all the time. Would would have thought bout this...

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No center to center measurements, sorry. I was rushing to get it done. I would say it was 3/4inch or so longer.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I just replaced the pitman arm on my TTB F350. I noticed it was longer, but just assumed it was due to being a drop arm. This is now getting interesting! Oh, and for those looking for a dropped/ longer one, Amazon has Rancho ones for $50 with free shipping.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I can concur. I would have loved to use the rebuilt steering box from my F250 in my truck but I didn't have tools to get the pitman arm changed out so I let it go with the truck.

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad i stumbled across this thread my turning radius sucks as well, My buddy has a f350 with the same front end and his truck can turn much sharper than mine. I even looked under my truck to see if my stoppers were the culprit. Im calling the junkyard tommorrow. Thanks for the heads up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin