F-super duty front springs on a 4x4 F350?????

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I put in a pair of drop brackets I bought used. I also put in a drop pitman arm. I had bought the springs for about $25 on a pick and pull half off day. I also put in a set of f350 blocks. For less than $150, I a better riding, slightly higher truck.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heath-
say the word and I will bring a set out to you next month. trust me when I tell you your kidneys will hate you.

Uh....... well, maybe I'll just add a leaf or two of F350 springs to the pack instead.LOL

Heath

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be the only person to ever swap in F-SuperDuty springs and have a BETTER ride.....

I put my fsuperduty springs in a little over 3 weeks ago and love it. My stock 350 springs were sagging sooooooo bad that I was riding on the bumpstops. I got a little over 4 inches of lift and the ride is much better. I was rattling my teeth over the calmest of train tracks and now don't have that prob any more. Now my prob is lifting the back up a bit to match the front. Won't do that though until I get a flatbed on my truck. Right now I have no bed. Truck does ride much better now, though.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are not only incredibly stiff, but will add roughly 4in of height. too bad you're on the other side of the country, I have four f450's getting prepped for scrap this weekend. you're welcome to a set of springs if you were closer.

If you were with in driving distance I would love a set.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish i was closer i would love a set, i just want to bring the front end up a little to level the stance out... how many leafs are in those Fsuper duty packs? could you remove a leaf and soften the ride a little?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a F-Superduty in the Pick-A-Part right off of I-5 here in Albany.....

if you're doing the p-n-p thing. bring lots of help. dropping the axle is a ***** and extremely heavy. it's at least a two man job if not three. it's a forged beam and that means heavy. springs are no better either. only the rotors and hubs are light and that's 100lb per assy. ford built the heck out of these suspensions. it's prolly you don't see too many 88-97 rollovers compared to the '99 and up trucks.

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they are stiff, but I am fixing to add a Ranch Hand front and rear and a 18k winch. What are your thoughts on these?

I installed a ranch hand style bumper with warn 12K winch (on my old F350 4x4) and I saw no sagging....none that I can remember. you are good to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat