F-800 wheel question

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
My 89 F-800 Boom truck has 10 R20 bias ply's on widow maker steel split rims on it. Now that IM a few bucks ahead I want rid of these things ASAP.

I would LOVE to switch to a moderately sized floatation type tire on the front. Being a boom truck there's a fair amount of weight up front for a MDT. 11,220Lbs. Rear axle weighs in at 17,600Lbs.

What's the comparable radial tire size on a 22.5" rim to the trucks current 10x20s?

Also do the f-800's use a funky bolt pattern on the wheels. these are budd type wheels. Also will I have to change studs in the rear if IM just going to mount an outer alloy steel inner combo?

Lastly any one know a place on the West coast that is dealing on wheels and tires in the size I need. I would prefer polished over machine finished but if the price is right.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it will have the same bolt pattern as the GMC,chevy,international and a few other trucks.IIRC you can get a 20x22.5 tire.i dont think you gotta change the studs to run alloy wheels,but ive been out of these trucks for a few years so my memory is a bit hazey on some things.