F-450 frame/ Cab mounting Queston.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I have a single cab F-superduty. Pic in the avatar. I foun several gorgeous king and crew cabs today. (I've been in the north for 20 years, so I'm like a kid in a candy store with all this rust free old iron just laying around)

My frame makes a rise right behind the cab, so how much of a body lift would I have to put on the truck to be able to use a king or crew cab on my frame?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just stretch the frame and run any cab you want too. Use either 7018 or 8018 lo-hi rod and you will be fine...:sly

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC the 2" lift will work fine for that, and you need it anyways if you're turbocharging later down the road and you run a larger than factory downpipe. But you can figure out the size yourself - put a piece of angle iron or C-channel on top of one of frame rails so its lays along it and one end touches the cab's rear wall, then measure from bottom surface of the angle iron or C-channel to the top of the frame rail that sits under the cab - what you are measuring is the frame rail rise behind the cab, you need at least that much body lift (preferably a bit more) to clear the rails with an ext or crew cab.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't modify the frames on my wreckers. too much twisting for a short wheel base 84" CA for the longest. I got rid of a 24" tunnel box and put in a SC on one truck. rather than raise the body or chop the frame, I raised the floor of the body. and welded in sheetmetal to close the floor back up again.
just my .02;p