Extended cab short bed brick nose?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh... All I see in that listing is a red 1987-91, extended cab F-250 with a standard 8-foot bed. White one is from the same years, single cab 8-foot bed.

No clue where he got the 1985 from.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Nope, that is indeed a short bed. I had to go back and reference some side shots that I have and there is less body between the front of the bed box and rear wheel well on that one versus a long bed.

Extended cab short beds were pretty rare, but not as rare as the crew cab short bed.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
So they did make short bed bricknoses? I may have to get a loan and go buy it an paint it white to match my 96[emoji23]
An ya it threw me off at first to I thought it may have just been the way it looked but it's definitely a short bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only short-bed trucks built before 1996 were F-150's. I'm guessing this guy either swapped 3/4 ton axles and an IDI drivetrain (maybe the drivetrain came out of the parts truck) or shortened an F-250 frame to put an F-150 short bed on.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
The only short-bed trucks built before 1996 were F-150's. I'm guessing this guy either swapped 3/4 ton axles and an IDI drivetrain (maybe the drivetrain came out of the parts truck) or shortened an F-250 frame to put an F-150 short bed on.
That's what I im thinkin. I may give him a call sometime just to find out for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk