Extended Brake Lines

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the search but couldn't find anything about Extended brake lines. My question is has anyone added them to their 2wd truck? If so how did you mount and run them? I plan on adding extended radius arms to get more travel so while I was doing the brakes I thought now is a good time to add them.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never used any on the lifts I have done.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen them from several "lift kit" companies with various lengths......depending on the lift used. But, I'm sure they are expensive. You might be able to get a much cheaper set made at a local hydraulic shop? I have a 4 inch suspension lift and the lines were plenty long.

Like the stated above, my guess is that the stock ones will be OK.... if there is not more than 4 inches of travel change.

Heath

Last edited:

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Last edited:

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on a 2wd maybe it's different than 4wd? I only lifted the front end 2-inches. When I let the suspension hang the brake lines were tight. I bent the hard line of the rubber lines where it connects to the caliper. This gave me the slack I needed. The problem is I plan on adding extended radius arms which will give me another 6-inches? of travel. I've also disconnected my anti sway bar. I am planning on adding more travel so eventually I'll need longer lines. Plus these are stainless and my old ones will eventually crack they are twenty years old. I am going for a mild prerunner look out Baja 1000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online