Exhaust System Suggestions?

frydaddy

Reaction score
I currently have the 2 1/2 inch stock exhaust system -Lame and I am undecided on what to replace it with. Here are the choices I have found so far.

A) Dynomax Ultraflo kit (#19430) which is a single exhaust designed for the truck. -goes from 2.5 inch y-pipe, to 3 inch, to 4 inch, and then 5 inch tip
($320)

B) Custom Dual 3 inch w/ Magnaflo mufflers - 2.5 inch off of manifolds and then directly to 3 inch duals (would have to come out in front of the rear axel)
($300 - $350)

Keep in mind I don't want to loose too much low - end torqe. Any other suggestions? - or which choice should I go with?

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Your decision is going to hinge on how much noise you want to make. Choosing one over the other is just going to be how loud they will be. Changing the exhaust system is not going to change the level of performance in any meaningful way, you are just going to make more noise. Been there-done that (-:

Jim

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Just get the Auto Jet mandrel bent system. Comes with the Y-Pipe an flow thru muffler. I've got one on my 85, and couldn't be happier.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jauguston said:
Ryan,

Reread the OP and the answer will reveal itself (-:

Jim

Whoops... :oops:

I was gonna suggest an MBRP kit for a PSD, but that won't work on a N/A engine...

Ryan

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I have an Auto-Jet y-pipe on both my trucks and couldn't be happier. I just used a straight 3" pipe, then attached a muffler, then had custom tail pipes made w/ stainless tips.
John

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to do a Magnaflow flow through muffler in either a 3 or 4 inch kit dumping out infront of the rear axel.

seanpistol

Reaction score
i found a used banks y-pipe and hooked the hyperpermax 3 1/2" exhaust up to it. the difference between now and stock is night and day! did it all for about $350.

frydaddy

Reaction score
Does Auto Jet make the whole exhaust or just the Y-pipe?

seanpistol

Reaction score
frydaddy said:
Does Auto Jet make the whole exhaust or just the Y-pipe?

you can get either just the y-pipe(which i believe is $164), or the whole free-flowing exhaust(which i have no idea what the price is on that).