Exhaust questions

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i got some 4inch exhaust from an exhaust guy that had some laying around. I want to straight pipe my truck. So my question is can I run a 4inch with no problems? Does a none turbo need backpressure? I'm going to turbo it next summer. It's a 7.3 idi

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yer good. there is a boatload of exhaust threads on here that would give you plenty of info.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yer good. there is a boatload of exhaust threads on here that would give you plenty of info.

I have a question on a clutch kit I'm going to do the exhaust when I do my clutch I was wondering if I could run an turbo clutch on it or would that not work?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the new clutches say rated for turbo or non turbo, it wouldn't hurt anything to run a turbo clutch it should work just fine

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the new clutches say rated for turbo or non turbo, it wouldn't hurt anything to run a turbo clutch it should work just fine

Sweet thanks my clutch is starting to slip so I want to get a new one put in.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that one with no complaints! Excellent upgrade from dual mass, it does make a little noise but nothing too bothersome but to be expected from a single mass flywheel

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you don't get a turbo flywheel. They are balanced differently

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo flywheel on my non turbo idi and it's working just fine? I don't think the luk single mass clutch is balanced differently for turbo and non turbo, I do have a turbo put on my truck but it doesn't affect the balancing of my flywheel.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo flywheel on my non turbo idi and it's working just fine? I don't think the luk single mass clutch is balanced differently for turbo and non turbo, I do have a turbo put on my truck but it doesn't affect the balancing of my flywheel.

Okay thanks this would be the first time I've heard of fly wheels being balanced differently.