Exhaust leak/valve train noise??

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I added a little too much cetane booster. I added what is supposed to be 50 gallon treatment of additive to 14 gallons, but I spilled a good bit also. Its kinda hard to get that funnel and can under the bed of the truck. But my point being, it doesn't make any noise until it starts to warm up, maybe 10-12 minutes. I listened to the injectors and can't really tell any difference between the 4 on the drivers side, one sounds a little more muffled than the others, but not huge difference. I drove it 15 miles, unloaded a car and its still making noise. I will drive this tank out and see if the cetane booster makes any difference in the noise, it makes a difference in power for sure.

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCvj7S5kN1k&feature=related

I found this video and it almost fits the noise to a tee. Around 0:25 is what my truck sounds like. Could this be from running the truck low on fuel and getting trash from the tank? I am going to change the oil after I get it fixed, and the fuel filter before. Does anyone rebuild their own injectors? I have a nice clean area, all the tools I could think of(except a pop tester, which I am getting this week). I have been reading about shims and springs, changing pop off pressure. What should the pop off pressure be? and with in what between all 8?

Also, does anyone used Baldwin filter? Are they any good? That is what the PO has on it and I haven't driven 1000 miles yet but I am going to change the oil, fuel filter and trans fluid. I am going back with Motorcraft, just wanted some insite on the Baldwins.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger