Ever seen OBS headlighs like this?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I haven't I kinda like them wish there was a better pic. It looks like the brick nose Austria lights.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noone noticed the drws with srw width?

Reaction score
A quick search brings this or the likes.
http://www.racinglab.com/redicutsebeh.html

That's a kit to convert sealed beam applications to be able to use separate bulbs. Still doesn't explain the use of the sealed bulb, though.

I've never seen a bricknose or an OBS use lights like that until a couple of weeks ago. A guy on FTE from Australia is working on a barn find 92 (but their 92 still has a bricknose outer). His has this style lens. According to him, all Aussie-spec F-Series from that era came with the sealed beams. I'm wondering if the lights on the one linked in the ebay ad came off some foreign version as well, because I've never seen OBS trucks running around with that style light.

I wish I could find something like that for a bricknose, because then I could buy an adapter 'bulb' with a built-in projector so I could legitimately run HIDs (as opposed to all those guys that just run around with HIDs in non-projector housings blinding everyone).

Mike

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seen that later. Side turn light, not turn signal, turn light is square on ebay truck, truck on plane light is more triangle. Oh well it'll get a lot of comment.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I REALLY want to know how that was done, I hate the DOT spec composite reflectors with a passion, after years of driving with e-code sealed beam replacements with 100/50W bulbs, the crap lights they put on the obs trucks just don't cut it.

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
I wonder if it was creative work done custom. A 2000 F-350 we had, had those same headlamps.
Looked like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

We've seen what one can do with custom mirrors, why not a headlamp ass'y?

Reaction score
I wonder if it was creative work done custom. A 2000 F-350 we had, had those same headlamps.
Looked like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

The 99 and newer Super Duties have (had) an option for sealed beam headlights. It was found mostly on the lower-end models, specifically the fleet vehicles. My guess is the OBS did as well, but it wasn't as common. Either that or he found some lights from a foreign market as I mentioned before.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle