Ever hear of these guys??? Wipe Out?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
from what i gathered, to mod a newer diesel...unless its the mech cummins or IDI GM, its gunna get spendy. anything over a tuner, exhaust, intake and maybe some drugs its gunna need studs, bigger turbo, better fuel system, etc...

Same goes for the IDI. Dave has no trouble starting his and its CR is lowered a good amount. i think most people are afraid to think outside the box and try it. i understand some dont need or want it, but those who use it for a secondary vehicle can afford the down time. if someone would make some goodies i bet they will sell. look at the interest that guy has who is prototyping head studs...

if we can make an IDI run effectivly on 25 psi boost it'll be one helluva motor...

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
to stir the pot a little more. can you add power cheaply on anything. what do upgraded injectors on a powerstroke cost, better turbo, and eventually a better fuel system. this is the same arguement played out everywhere. it doesnt matter what you have. i understand that the idi hasnt been made since 94 and the demand to hop them up isnt as big as the powerstroke.

A normal set of mild stage 1 injectors tends to run $1600+ on a Powerstroke. A upgraded turbo can be anywhere from $350 up to $2000 for most drop in units. But for the most part you can do a custom chip for less than $400 with a few programs & you can tell the chip burner (DP or Wildman) exactly how your truck is setup so the tuning is more for "YOUR" truck. They plug right into your PCM & you can change the program on the fly. They can set it up to hold a gear longer or shorter depending how you want it. So in the flip of a knob or the push of a button you can adjust your fuel/timing/how touchy the throttle pedal is/shift points all that sort of stuff. You can have 20hp tow for heavy loads a 60tow for mid size loads or most run in 80hp econo for daily driving or you can get 120hp race or 140hp smoke & flood out the road. :cool There are alot in between there that I'm not counting but just used those for examples.
A intake will cost less than $50 & you can do your exhaust for free to $300+ really depends what you want.
With a good T/C & shift kit the tranny will hold the power just fine & set you back around a grand or less.
A full 3 gauge piller with gauges & all the wiring is less than $400 depending what you want for brand of gauges.
There are alot of 7.3L Powerstrokes out there running 15sec on the 1/4 with just a intake/exhaust/chip that are also daily driven & will also run smoke free unless you really get on it. You can even turn the chip off & it turns back to stock mode for a really wet day or in the snow & ice when you don't want to spin the tires.
Not saying that Powerstrokes are cheap by anymeans when you want to run with the big dogs on the track. But for a mild daily driver that can roast off the tires you can set one up without breaking the bank.

blk99

Reaction score
I drive both a factory turboed IDI and a 99 PSD and I would much rather put my money into the PSD.....

I have 2 twice as much money into the IDI as I do the PSD and the IDI is still a ****..... but dont get me wrong, for grunt work and stuff the IDI is great but it just not up there with my mostly stock PSD....

anyway, Wipe Out is definatly for only into PSD's..... they really dont like IDI's at all....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can set it up to hold a gear longer or shorter depending how you want it. So in the flip of a knob or the push of a button you can adjust your fuel/timing/how touchy the throttle pedal is/shift points all that sort of stuff.

Chips are for dippin' :puke:

LOL

With only 10% of PSD powered trucks being manuals, it won't be long before you won't get a chance to make decisions about when you shift. With the way this country is going to hell in a hurry, none of us will be worrying about hopping up anything except our stomachs anyway, so I doubt the debate will rage for long.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
With only 10% of PSD powered trucks being manuals, it won't be long before you won't get a chance to make decisions about when you shift. With the way this country is going to hell in a hurry, none of us will be worrying about hopping up anything except our stomachs anyway, so I doubt the debate will rage for long.

& thanks to the EPA & all the bunny huggin librals all the modern stick shifts are "detuned" to save the Ozone.....cookoo
Use to be if you got a stick in the old Cummins you got a more powerful model, now you get a less powerful model. :mad:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. I got a good C6 too. Let's trade. I see a line forming. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online