Ever hear of these guys??? Wipe Out?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was screwing around the internet looking for DT466 mods and I came across these guys.....Wipe Out Enterprises. They have a ton of stuff for IH motors, both DT and Powerchoke. I wonder if they can/have/will do some stuff for IDI's? Anyone near Sidney, OH? If so, go by there and check them out.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone???? Oh well, I may shot them an email to see what say about IDI goodies. Others may was to as well. Maybe we can stir up enough intrest in these guys to make some IDI stuff too.

Heath

streaker

Reaction score
Yeah, there are a few guys running there roller rocker set up. another guy is running thier rods. I don't think they have anything for the IDIbity motors tho.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They emailed back. They have nothing for IDI's and, shockingly, seem completely uninterested in doing anything for IDI's.:puke:

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
guess that is why nobody here heard of them..........to bad

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. There is a market here (not as big as PSD's) that no one seems interested in filling/serving. If stuff were available, I know people would buy/use it. I know I would use high performance stuff for my next IDI build. But, there's just nothing out there.:mad: ;Pissed

Heath

zpd307

Reaction score
i found my way over here. this seems to be the same story over and over. the more i look for go fast parts, the quicker i find nothing.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I work on & drive both IDI & Powerstroke & as cool as it would be to make a highly modded IDI I don't see it happening. Could you get a reliable IDI to make mid 20lbs of boost everyday & still start without the use of half a can of either? I think the IDI is better off left mostly stock, if you want a go fast Diesel get something that was made to take a turbo. I don't mean the factory 93-94 IDIs either. I mean when the thing was sitting on the drawing board & they made it turboed from the get go. Like a Cummins/Powerstroke/or even a Dmax, anyone of them with a few mods will be reliable & go quicker than most all of the IDIs out there.
If you accept the IDI for what it is stock then it's a good engine & will last along time with the right care. Slap a turbo on there & the reliability starts to go down. To me & I've driven the N/A & turboed ones & to me the turbo isn't worth the extra $2k for the amout of preformance level that you get out of it.......

You must be registered for see images

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Dave S. has his IDI running over 20 psi boost and uses it for work everyday. plus there was an article about the 6.5L GM TDs and they can run some decent numbers.

it can be done, no one wants to take the leap and try to make parts though. i wonder how the guys used to do it back in the mid-late 80s and early 90s in sled pulls with the IDI's.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Dave S. has his IDI running over 20 psi boost and uses it for work everyday. plus there was an article about the 6.5L GM TDs and they can run some decent numbers.

it can be done, no one wants to take the leap and try to make parts though. i wonder how the guys used to do it back in the mid-late 80s and early 90s in sled pulls with the IDI's.

I have no doubt that it "can" be done, we all know there are a few trucks out there like that but hence the term "few". To run 20lbs+ you'll need head studs & to lower the compression on the IDI. I don't know about you but that isn't exactly an afternoon or weekend project. Which for most people is out of the question unless you have your own shop & have the tools & knowledge to do it. I know some people wouldn't like the idea of using eather to cold start it all the time either. Turbo choises are also limited on the IDI as well & aren't what I would call "cheap".

zpd307

Reaction score
to stir the pot a little more. can you add power cheaply on anything. what do upgraded injectors on a powerstroke cost, better turbo, and eventually a better fuel system. this is the same arguement played out everywhere. it doesnt matter what you have. i understand that the idi hasnt been made since 94 and the demand to hop them up isnt as big as the powerstroke.