Enginetech Junk

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a new set of enginetech pushrods for my engine last week. Got the heads on today and was ready to install these pushrods in engine. Decided to stand them upright on a level surface to check lengths and they were all over the board by a substantial amount. I didn't even bother measuring them and will be returning for a refund. Very disappointing especially finding out that they are made in USA. Figured I would give you fellas a heads up if you plan on buying new pushrods anyone soon.
I am picking up a set of sealed power rods from Oreilly in the morning. Hopefully they are better quality.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you buy the variable high lift pushrod set?
you could just shave the valves down more.... LOL
too soon?

Ford F834

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that experience. I had generally heard good things about Enginetech up until now. With IDI parts getting harder to find I was tempted to try their products but I don't think l will after hearing this.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you buy the variable high lift pushrod set?
you could just shave the valves down more.... LOL
too soon?

Lol heads are already on engine as of yesterday and there's no more meat to shave off these valves. They will have to replace all valves if I ever need heads rebuilt again unfortunately.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont mean to be a Richard, i was born that way :D

EDIT:

altho, i do have to say, that i have used many a enginetech parts, on lots of projects, and ive never had an issue.
its not the production shops fault, its those mindless robots that pack them up.

many people in the USA are infected by our governments will to keep us stupid.
going through this with my employees....

spineless, mindless, no work ethic havin, lazy Ucktards!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did the manufacturer have to say?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry the problems continue to haunt you. I have never heard anything bad about Enginetech to;; now. I would hope this was an isolated incident but it remains to be seen how it turns out. So will you open the next set in front of the store counter person?? Also are you going to compare the set you removed from the engine?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Also have gotten Enginetech parts, but from Grumpy's ebay store (quick, easy, good pricing), but I've never used their pushrods. I like to get hardened pushrods, just an extra bit of warm n' fuzzy when my foot is buried in the floor :D

Good to know info though.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry the problems continue to haunt you. I have never heard anything bad about Enginetech to;; now. I would hope this was an isolated incident but it remains to be seen how it turns out. So will you open the next set in front of the store counter person?? Also are you going to compare the set you removed from the engine?

You can bet that I will open it up at the store this morning. I open everything that I buy at any autoparts store and thank god I do. I must have opened 8 valley pan boxes from Oreilly before I got one that wasn't all bent up.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
never had any issue with enginetech parts... what i will say is enginetech is just a reseller... they are not a manufacturer. they are just reboxing stuff from sealed power...federal mogul...KB...etc..