Reaction score
Can anyone recomend an engine paint?
Theres so many, dont know what I should use :confused:

Thanks guys

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used VHT meter gray epoxy, had to order it but it stays on forever. Off the shelf use plasti kote or duplicolor, both good brands.
my 2 c
russ

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I went to the corner hardware store and found a grey made by Rustoleum. Been on for five years now and still looks great. Probably can't go wrong with any name brand. The key is good prep work. Clean, sand and clean before you coat and life should be good.
Good luck,
Doug
'86 F-250 4x4
'89 E-250 ATS

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
VHT stuff is good. It withstands about everything. Only thing that seems to have damaged it so far is fuel or coolant that sits on the engine while it's running. That seems to make it want to flake off.

However, i used the flameproof vht stuff on the exhaust. Painted it black. It started off rusty looking. I used a wire brush and cleaned it real good then painted it, then baked it. Looks perfect still.

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found the the dupli color 1200 degree ceramic coat paint realy sucks, goes on thin and runs real easy. I have had good luck with Plasti-kote.

-Rob

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Also check eastwood.com. They have a huge assortment of specialty coatings. I've used many of them over the years and have no complaints so far.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchellen2

Members online