>>> ENGINE DIES FOR WHAT REASON ??? <<<

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another thing popped in my head here.check the fuel heater.pull the fuel filter and see if the heaters element came unsoldered.it may be shorting out enough to stall it but not blow the #22 fuse in the under hood fuse box.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If by chance it needs a new fuel heater get this one from IH dealer $26 . Easy to change. Whoops wronge puter.

IH P/N 1831196C2

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of good investigative ideas so far and I will relay all this information along to him.

Such is why I am obsessively compelled to demand fully mechanical engines in my stuff. :)

sassyrel

Reaction score
I'm not familar with the 97's, the IDM is mounted under the drivers side fender, and it can get water/moisture in it, it can be taken apart to check then re-sealed. You have to take the fender lining off to get to it.[/QUOTE]

?????????????????????????????????

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the "IDM" and what function does it perform ??

I have written all of these suggested possibles and will be seeing this guy tomorrow.

In fact, we are embarking on a swap-meet road-trip tomorrow in that very truck.

Thanks. :)

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what you really need to do is hook a computer to it and drive it til it stalls, then watch freeze frame data and see which sensor, or module drops out before it quits. that is going to be the only way to find the problem.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The drivers side windshield was/is prone to leak in heavy rain. Take the kick panel off on that side, see if any damage is there.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
What is the "IDM" and what function does it perform ??

I have written all of these suggested possibles and will be seeing this guy tomorrow.

In fact, we are embarking on a swap-meet road-trip tomorrow in that very truck.

Thanks. :)

The IDM is the power supply for the injectors. The IDM gets a signal from the PCM to energize the injectors.

You might want to check the IDM for water. They are notorious for getting wet, as OLDBULL said in his post.

The water cooled option can do some funky stuff.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online