Emergency help!!!

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this wknd I changed the olives in my fuel system along with a few other hoses replacing one hard line, drained water and put some fleetcharge in the cooling system.Truck finally turned on properly Monday morning and drove nice, no hard starts at all.When I was pulling into my driveway the truck sputtered a bit and I noticed the water in fuel light go on then I turned it off.Didnt think much of it,maybe some bad fuel I thought.Today it was hard to start but not bad.On the way to work I got some traffic and came to a hault and so did my truck.It shut down on me 5 times on the way to work.If I wouldn't keep the rpm's up it would die.Every stoplight was a mission even if I put in neutral to feather the pedal.Im at my job site and need this fixed ASAP.Any clues as to what is wrong.I will do my best to answer all ?'s.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have some bad fuel. Try to find some fuel treatment and pour in the tank. If you want to verify the quality of the fuel, see if you can find a glass jar at work, pull the fuel filter off and pour it into the glass jar. Let it sit and see if any water settles to the bottom of the jar. You can then re-fill the filter with the treatment and screw it back on and hope for the best.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Yikes. Even though you have replaced a bunch of stuff, there may be an air intrusion. They develop at the strangest times. Could be one loose fitting, who knows? Check the fuel filter at the schrader valve for air bubbles in the fuel stream.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Try tightening the olive nuts if they are not drawn up completely tight on the threaded fittings. As for water in fuel where did you last fuel up. Was it a new station or just a normal use station. Draining the filter and letting it settle in a glass jar will tell you whats going on.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a similar issue with my truck yesterday. I bought some diesel 911 and put it in my tank I also filled the filter halfway with diesel half with treatment. But you might want to just change both filters if they are old. But do what these guys said^^^ take the fuel from the filter and check it for water. The water will settle at the bottom and you will see it. looks like oil and vinegar.

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My I pad died and couldn't get back on here.Think I have a broken shower head in front fuel tank.Switched over to rear tank and stumble a bit then even out.Wasnt getting any fuel I think.My fuel gauge doesn't read when I use the front tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online