Electric lift pump idea.....

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So iv'e been thinking (got a lot of time on my hands i'm at the hospital waiting for a new baby) there are 3 old 6.0 HFCM's sitting on the workbench at work, they all still work just don't put out enough pressure to feed a 6.0 (all had between 35-40psi). Let me here opinions and ideas about using this in my IDI. Not worried about filter costs, iv'e got a Godenrod see thru that I will move to the suction side of the pump so I don't have to but those stinkin expensive 6.0 filters...

I'm thinking put a pressure gauge on the filter head, mount the pump, then put a regulator between the HFCM and the filter head. I can't find where the pressure is adjustable at the HFCM so I will have to use a regulator, would a cheap 4-8psi carburated regulator work or would I have to step up to a high pressure efi regulator????

Just looking for ideas.....

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you would have to step up to a efi one and the cost of that you could just buy a electric fuel pump thats new and not on its last leg, on another note arent those 6.0 fuel pumps pressure relief operated by a checkball and spring

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive heard that theres a spring in them that wears and causes low fp. ford sell a rebuild kit with a new spring that bumps the pressure up to 60ish.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
You will most likely need a bypass style regulator to bleed off he extra pressure, they can be had but are usually in the $80+ range to get. The cheap ones are a dead head style that will most likely burn put the pump since it will just stop the flow if it reaches pressure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online