electric fuel pump

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
ok i am very interested in putting an electric fuel pump on my truck.... but am kind of clueless.. wheres the best place to buy one... what brand ????? how do i install? your help is appreciated ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
ok i am very interested in putting an electric fuel pump on my truck.... but am kind of clueless.. wheres the best place to buy one... what brand ????? how do i install? your help is appreciated ;Sweet

do you have a checker/schucks/cragen locally? that's where i got mine they will match any advertised price if you spell it out for them . i love the Holley Red pump i used:love: a blue pump is also a great choice but more expensive and a little overkill;Sweet . i know there has been several write ups on it try searching it.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a holley red, but you can order a JEGS brand (same thing) for about $20 less.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have one of those Carrier ( Facet Duralift ) pumps on mine. you can't beat those things. Unlike the hollys and all the other speed shop pumps, the Duralift pump is a commercial diesel lift pump that is designed to lift diesel 10 feet straight up ( it is the factory lift pump on Carrier Transicold and thermoking ****** units) So you don't have to mount it down on the frame back by the tank, you can mount it up under the hood where you can get to the thing easily to clean the filter screen ;Sweet ( not to mention the fact that it comes with it's own filter screen so you don't have to plumb one in ahead of it and it's always easy to see what's gong on with your fuel) and the thing is built for 24 hour a day commercial service.
I've had mine over a year and love it. It was kind of funny when I went to the Carrier dealer to buy the thing. The guy got lost in the parts room for quite a while trying to find the thing. Turned out they'd never had to replace one of the things . I figure that was a pretty good sign ;Sweet

discbrks

Reaction score
I've also got a Facet pump. Mine actually came off an old, working ThermoKing. It's been sitting for unused on an old trailer my dad has for the last 10 years or more. I took it off a few weeks ago, cleaned it up, and been working great. I mounted mine under the hood on the passenger side battery tray. That way I can remove the bottom half (where the filter is) and let the fuel drop straight down into a bucket instead of running down the frame rail & making a mess.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are the Facet pumps with WVO ? I was gonna check with a friend or 2 that do salvage towing/building and see if they have any I can talk them out of.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an online resource for getting one of those duralift pumps? I've been looking around but I can only find the smaller facet pumps.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Anyone have an online resource for getting one of those duralift pumps? I've been looking around but I can only find the smaller facet pumps.

That guy on ebay seems to be selling them regularly now, and his reserve price is a dang sight better than the roughly $120 that the Carrier dealers get for the things

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
That guy on ebay seems to be selling them regularly now, and his reserve price is a dang sight better than the roughly $120 that the Carrier dealers get for the things

I've contacted him and see if we can do a group buy. We have enough here that are looking for them. I'll let you all know when I hear from him.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
how much noise does the carrier make compared to the Holley red pumps?

The only time I can even hear mine is when it's bumping up against it's pressure limits while waiting on the glow plugs. Once the engine is turning, Can't hear the thing. On any E pump that is noisy, if you want to quiet it down, you can always use rubber isolator bushings to mount the thing. I have my bracket mounted under the hood on that plastic inner fender so I imagine it absorbs any vibration

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70