Elbow deep in the fuel tank :o. Have a couple questions

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got my FRONT tank dropped on my 87 and have a couple questions before I proceed. I have the sending unit out and my shower head was shattered inside the tank (as I suspected) but I've got it pretty much cleaned up.

1. Is there any specific length of hose or anything to replace it with? Like say 3" of hose slid up 1/2" on the sender??? That would seem fairly close to me. Also I know if I use hose I need to cut a couple small V's in it so it doesn't suck to the bottom.

2. My front tank always shows past the FULL mark on the gauge, flip the switch and the rear always shows past EMPTY. Anyone know a fix for this?

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALSO....is there any where to get a small screen filter for the end of the hose. Was thinking like the ones that are at the end of the hose that goes I'm a plastic boat tank. Just a small little screen filter

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I wouldnt put a screen filter on the end of the hose too hard to get to if it clogs up, if you are dead set on a filter pre lift pump I would install one on each line just before the selector valve

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't want it picking up anything that will clog the selector valve. The showerhead was in like 200 pieces. Hard to say how long it was like that cause my dad always kept it over 1/2......as he does everything he owns. I don't want a "PRE filter" just something to catch anything big enough to clog it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've got my FRONT tank dropped on my 87 and have a couple questions before I proceed. I have the sending unit out and my shower head was shattered inside the tank (as I suspected) but I've got it pretty much cleaned up.

1. Is there any specific length of hose or anything to replace it with? Like say 3" of hose slid up 1/2" on the sender??? That would seem fairly close to me. Also I know if I use hose I need to cut a couple small V's in it so it doesn't suck to the bottom.

2. My front tank always shows past the FULL mark on the gauge, flip the switch and the rear always shows past EMPTY. Anyone know a fix for this?

You must be registered for see images attach

There thats the unit.

Hope that helps

Al

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All back in today....fuel gauge kinda works now BUT I'm still getting Air somewhere between the front tank and the firewall?!?!?!