EGT Questions

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, finally got my pyro mounted and am glad I did, I can hit 1200 deg without even trying. is this normal on an n/a engine or do I have prob's I need to address. I've only had the truck for a couple months so I cant give any pump or injector history, I just know that it doesn't have the original pump or injectors(not grey).

gatorman21218

Reaction score
1200 is the safe limit. Is your pump turned up? are you rolling coal without even trying? Also what brand pyro are you using? Just cause its new dont mean its right

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
elevation? hills/mountain terrain? you say its easy to hit 1200, how easy?

sounds like your air intake is probably restricted, check the filter. also if you have the soup bowl looking thing in there still drill it out and fill the holes.

Freer flowing exhaust helps too. ditto on gators questions

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isspro ev2 pyro, in drivers side manifold between rear cyls, 500 feet give or take for elevation, flat ground, don't know if pump is turned up but im guessing yes, by the way it smokes, it leaves a haze every time i take off, especially if I am generous with the throttle. new air filter with less than 2,000 mi

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Isspro ev2 pyro, in drivers side manifold between rear cyls, 500 feet give or take for elevation, flat ground, don't know if pump is turned up but im guessing yes, by the way it smokes, it leaves a haze every time i take off, especially if I am generous with the throttle. new air filter with less than 2,000 mi

get a good free flowing exhuast system made, and make you a ram-air intake system and i garentee you will notice a drop in egts, and might even be able to turn up your fuel for more power