eBay Thread

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I always troll around eBay and seem to find cool stuff all the time, stuff I don't need at all. I think its a nice gesture to pass it on to you fine ladies and gentlemen here on the forums. I have seen other forums that do this, and hopefully it may gain enough traction to end up getting stickied.

So, I found a complete banks turbo kit, price isn't bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banks-Sidew...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4857b1434e&vxp=mtr

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a great deal on a complete kit. Only thing I would change is the cdr vent into the valve cover. Thats the ATS type and its clearly on the side of the black rubber hose. Get the one banks makes that comes off the injection pump gear cover. I feel the banks is a better suction system. All the others just suck...:eek::sly

Hit Man X

Huffin Diesel Smoke
Reaction score
Is that all these kits usually sell for used usually? I was really considering just keeping the one I find N/A for simplicity, but if that is all the cost involved to turbocharge... I will probably have to do it. My turbo IDI MBs are beyond simple and I cannot imagine adding a Banks/Hypermax/ATS kit altering the durability much (if any) if you know what to reasonably expect and act accordingly. Mild 7-11psi would be more than adequate for helping climb grades, burning off most of the fuel, and dropping EGTs some.

Any issues on the stock clutch holding up? I mean ~200rwhp/450rwtq does not seem like it would overwhelm the stocker as that is near stock first generation PSD power, but never know.

BTW, ask if he will ship it via Greyhound. Far less expensive than UPS, Fedex, USPS.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that all these kits usually sell for used usually? I was really considering just keeping the one I find N/A for simplicity, but if that is all the cost involved to turbocharge... I will probably have to do it. My turbo IDI MBs are beyond simple and I cannot imagine adding a Banks/Hypermax/ATS kit altering the durability much (if any) if you know what to reasonably expect and act accordingly. Mild 7-11psi would be more than adequate for helping climb grades, burning off most of the fuel, and dropping EGTs some.

Any issues on the stock clutch holding up? I mean ~200rwhp/450rwtq does not seem like it would overwhelm the stocker as that is near stock first generation PSD power, but never know.

BTW, ask if he will ship it via Greyhound. Far less expensive than UPS, Fedex, USPS.

the record for an idi on a dyno is your 200whp 400wtq you are talking about. The turbo kit will not put you there, just as an fyi. To answer your question typically yes I havent seen a kit go over 1000, though I am sure it does happen. I picked up an ATS 93 kit locally for 700 bucks, but you have to get a bit creative with the install, its a bit tighter then I though it would be.

Hit Man X

Huffin Diesel Smoke
Reaction score
the record for an idi on a dyno is your 200whp 400wtq you are talking about. The turbo kit will not put you there, just as an fyi. To answer your question typically yes I havent seen a kit go over 1000, though I am sure it does happen. I picked up an ATS 93 kit locally for 700 bucks, but you have to get a bit creative with the install, its a bit tighter then I though it would be.

Ah, power is even lower than what I figured. So I suppose a stock clutch would be more than sufficient.

What would be expected on stock injectors/stock or near stock IP rebuild? 170rwhp/350rwtq?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gesture is a good one, but I don't know about a permanent ebay thread. No sense scrolling through a hundred posts of closed auctions to try and find out what's current. Best thing is to do what guys always do. Just post up when they see something of interest.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The ATS kit is not bad for the price. We do have a forum where these sale items can be posted. This will make it there soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726