e4od shifting

Black dawg

Reaction score
anybody know which solenoids need too be switched to make 1st-3rd . have a truck that is a total mess, but 90% sure trans is ok but want to make sure before I spend a bunch of time tracking down the problem. cumputer acts screwed up, but dont have access to one to try

sootman73

Reaction score
you cant replace just one solenoid in an e4od. its a pack with all the solenoids for the shifts and converter lockup. around 300-400 bucks for a new one. Do not buy a rebuilt or refurbished. its a crap shoot as to whether its good or not. i tried three rebuilts that didn't work before i bought a new one that did. not worth the time to save a little money. but check your connections first. clean and grease them all and it might give you good results. trust me. been there done that!

i have a computer i'd sell you. i had it shipped from oregon. it was one of two that i could even find. this would be last resort though. the computers are extremely durable. prob more so than anything on the truck.

Black dawg

Reaction score
broke out the meter and started checking stuff, since ecm wouldnt give up any codes ,found bad vss. Works like brand new

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin