E4OD shifting issues

ford5.9

ford5.9
Reaction score
I have a 93 F350 4X4 with the 7.3 diesel and I'm having shifting problems. If I start out with the shifter in the Drive position, it will take off in first gear and will rev to near 3 grand before it will shift into second. Once it goes into second I'm at a high enough speed that it goes right into 3rd and then into OD. Almost seems that it skips 3rd it goes into OD so quick. Now, I can start out with the shifter in 1st and manually shift into second and everything works fine. Then I can shift into Drive and as long as I'm below 30mph it will stay in 3rd but once I hit 30mph it shifts into OD, but the RPMs are so low that it takes it awhile to get up to highway speeds. I can turn the OD off on the gear shifter but it does not deactivate the OD but the OFF light will come on. I was thinking the TPS at first but I figure that I should still be able to shut off the OD. Could it be the pack in the trans? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ford5.9

ford5.9
Reaction score
E4OD problems

Its shifting into OD because my tac is running between 1900 to 2000 RPMs at 70mph and I'm pretty sure I have 3.54 gears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist