E4OD shifting erotically

1994 Turbo

Reaction score
So, my 97 7.3 E4OD started acting weird on my way home from the farm tonight. Cruising along at 60 like usual it dropped to third for probably 3/4 of a second then SLAMMED back to OD. Now today it won't shift till about 3 grand in any gear and when it does it slams HARD. Like whiplash hard. Then still goes into and out of OD and in and out of TC lockup. OD off light on the shifter blinking constantly. This is my first auto and i'm not impressed. I gotta figure this thing out soon
Thanks,
Dillan

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I think he meant codes.
You can try the code reader from orielly. I know there's will pull codes on these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1994 Turbo

Reaction score
I think the PSOM in the cluster went to hell. The speedo and odometer went to hell and the vss didnt fix it. every fuse is good so i'm thinking a jyard cluster is the way to go

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
E4OD shifting erotically... Seriously? So what does it do, moan and pant before each shift? Shift faster and faster until it explodes? :slyLOL

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
So, my 97 7.3 E4OD started acting weird on my way home from the farm tonight. Cruising along at 60 like usual it dropped to third for probably 3/4 of a second then SLAMMED back to OD. Now today it won't shift till about 3 grand in any gear and when it does it slams HARD. Like whiplash hard. Then still goes into and out of OD and in and out of TC lockup. OD off light on the shifter blinking constantly. This is my first auto and i'm not impressed. I gotta figure this thing out soon
Thanks,
Dillan

Get the codes pulled before you throw parts at it.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, I was half asleep typing and asked the girlfriend how to spell erratic and that's what she told me. Oops.

well now ya know what was on her mind lol.

as much as i love the E4OD,i dunno if i want it shifting me erotically:D

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the PSOM in the cluster went to hell. The speedo and odometer went to hell and the vss didnt fix it. every fuse is good so i'm thinking a jyard cluster is the way to go
Could very well be the case. Ran into that issue not too long ago, speedometer needle would intermittently drop and the E4OD would get angry, PCM naturally threw VSS code. New VSS, speedometer now reads correctly, but every now and then the PCM would lose its VSS signal and go into partial limp mode. Obviously the actual VSS was no longer the issue (assuming it was one to begin with), that left the PSOM - "new" PSOM with the cal constant altered to match the old one (that was fun, had to push the darn button over 500 times) and all has been peachy ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online