E4OD shift kit

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that's good to know too, I'll probably grab one next tine I do some major work on the trans. And my plastic snaps are broken too (what kind of mental midget decided there should be one on the side towards the trans case?) but the connector stays put with two tiny zipties and a small metal bracket attached to one of the bolts for the heat shield.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Most people think that connector comes off with a screwdriver. Actually it dose come off with a screw driver and a broken connector is the results. cookoo

Squeeze and pull. Maybe a cuss or two.:rotflmao No screwdrivers or prying devices required.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you squeeze that? Mine had absolutely no provisions for squeezing, I know the general type of connector you're talking about, and that ain't one. I took mine off the first time by carefully prying the outboard tab with a knife, the inboard tab that faces the transmission case was already broken so I didn't have to fiddle with it.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There actually isn't an lock tab on the transmission side and that should simply slide off. The outer tab you pried with knife actually is what you are supposed to push in with your thumb to release it from the transmission connector.

The way this stupid thing is supposed to work, is the tab slides on the OUTSIDE of the snap when you install it, but to release it, the lock has to slide on the INSIDE of the snap.

You must be registered for see images

I have never seen a connector style like this anywhere in my life and I suspect to ford engineers just got really really pissed for some reason. Later E4ODs elimitate this style of connector to favor the more proper thumb tab release that most vehicle connectors have today (the MPLS should have that style of connector).

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents but I'm a trans builder and my personal truck has the tugger kit in it and I love it. It puts up with the massive loads I put the truck through and also the miserable south texas heat without any issues.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got to drive it up and down some 8% hills today - up the trucks really needs a supercharger, but down the engine braking is very sweet. 3rd gear was the one most suitable for the situation, and descending off-throttle with the engine turning at past 2000 rpms sounds very much like jake brake :D But trans shifts fine now, after the connector got fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online