E4OD Problem

2manydsls

Reaction score
I drove my 92 E350 van up to Turlock to sell at the auto show, and had no problems. I started towards Manteca to visit a friend and every time it shifted in to OD, it felt like the brakes were activated. I finally made it to Manteca by
locking it out of overdrive. The OD light never flashed. I checked the fluid and it was clean, full, and not burnt. I shut it off for 30 min. to no avail. So now I'm almost "stuck in Lodi". Any suggestions other than drive back home at 55 mph w/o OD? Thanks in advance for any help.
Ross

WhiskeyBottle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy...sounds like your overdrive band may be burnt up...or wore out...but another possibilty may be the solenoid in the valve body...Good luck with it man...and if you do have to rebuild it...may I suggest an A+ servo and a hardened 4340 chromoly input shaft as well as converts to a non electric controlled AOD...They are much much stronger...just saying...

2manydsls

Reaction score
I just retested it and it still has a problem. I noticed quite a squeal when it tries to go into OD. So I'll drive it home and hope for the best. I have a spare trans. to put in it if it makes it. Thanks for the help.
Ross

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online