E4od casting number id

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i thought i was on the home stretch buying all the parts i need but....

Got a lower dipstick tube xc3z-7a160-aa, came in the other day finally got a chance to compare it to the old one. 1 problem.. the lower part that goes into the transmission is about 1/4" bigger diameter then the old one. I've been looking and not having any success finding a part number for the correct one. Ford has changed their web site now i can not even input my truck info, VIN search doesn't work now I'm frustrated as hell (doesn't help i work midnight shift and been up since 2 yesterday)

So I guess I have 2 options:

1 drill out the case to fit the newer one, not really happy or wanting to do that
2 try to get the broken upper tube out of the lower without destroying the lower, its in bad enough shape as it is.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use some heat from a propane torch, im guessing its siliconed in and you need to break the bond to get it out, its a easy slip fit. Dont breath the smoke.

chrlsful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wonder if when old tube is removed w/o braking if U can slip the two together (hacksaw in 1/2) & braze @ joint to make another. This way the old bigger 1/2 can connect w/pan and the newer be available for use?
May B that's what U meant above w/:
"...try to get the broken upper tube out of the lower..."
pic's worth athousand...

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use some heat from a propane torch, im guessing its siliconed in and you need to break the bond to get it out, its a easy slip fit. Dont breath the smoke.

It was siliconed in at one point. One of the PO's put the Banks upper with the turbo. At some point it broke off and they used gasket maker to try and seal it again. The upper wasn't bolted to the engine like it was supposed to be so it was bouncing around. I attached some pics below but you can't see the broken piece in the tube..

wonder if when old tube is removed w/o braking if U can slip the two together (hacksaw in 1/2) & braze @ joint to make another. This way the old bigger 1/2 can connect w/pan and the newer be available for use?
May B that's what U meant above w/:
"...try to get the broken upper tube out of the lower..."
pic's worth athousand...

Chrlsful, yeah should have attached these before... Guess I was not thinking straight this morning, too tired after work..

What I meant is the upper was broken inside the lower, right at the bottom of the slip joint. Its already in two pieces now and I have the lower out of the tranny. Need to dig out the broken piece and try not to destroy the rest of the lower, I have a new upper from Banks that is supposed to be adapted to re route around the turbo.

You must be registered for see images attach

New- 3/4ish.. Old- 1/2ish

Same size... The broken piece of the upper is in there, just can't see it without a bright light..

This is how one of the PO's thought you could fix it.. The upper wasn't bolted to the engine so now I have to fix their redneck engineering...

I was worried with all the marks on it from twisting and turning it that it may leak if it's cracked where I can't see it. But I am going to roll the dice and hope for sevens since the new one won't fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online