E40D Help me if you can

7.3IH_Eggrole

Corn Shucker
Reaction score
Ok fellas give me some suggestions here, I was driving today in my '92 and when it shifted into Overdive it began to have a shake to it. I doubt it is coming from the front end because I cant feel it in the steering wheel. I think that it might also be doing it in 2nd and 3rd but it is less aggressive. Also if I slow down once I've gotten into O/D and then I speed up, no matter if I get on It hard or slowly, it starts shaking again. Reminds me a bit of wheel hop. I've been having trouble with Tach sensors lately. I think my speedo sensor may be on its last leg, it was swaying alittle too. I know thats all alot of possiblilities but any suggestions? Transmission? Rearend? Thanks.
Ed

joe_diesel

Reaction score
:dunno Start with the low hanging fruit. One that I remember well with a buddy was a lose yoke / u-joint / drive shaft conection. No parts were needed just some small hand tools. Gave a vibration that was similar to tire out of balance and was relative to speed.

7.3IH_Eggrole

Corn Shucker
Reaction score
is the OD light blinking? trouble with the tach sensor how?

This thing eats tach sensors up, so I was saying that this one may be about to go. As of right now the O/D light is not blinking. But again, I expect it to any time now.

7.3IH_Eggrole

Corn Shucker
Reaction score
:dunno Start with the low hanging fruit. One that I remember well with a buddy was a lose yoke / u-joint / drive shaft conection. No parts were needed just some small hand tools. Gave a vibration that was similar to tire out of balance and was relative to speed.

Thanks Joe, Ill get under there and shake on some stuff tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online