Dynomax y-pipe availability?

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a new exhaust for our truck to replace the leaky one. I am following the article from another member here who used the Dynomax y-pipes from rockauto but i ran into a snag. No one seems to sell the dynomax y-pipes anymore. Does anybody know if they are out of production or just out of stock at the moment. I noticed on Rock Auto they sell Walker exhaust stuff but i dont know if its the same quality, and it doesn't look like you can order the small intermediate pipe from them.

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Walker and Dynomax are part of the same company. The pipes are the same. I have a bunch of leftover parts from my kit. I stopped at the muffler.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing i had heard, i think over on the diesel stop or someplace, was that the walker parts were not mandrel bent and only exited as a 2.5in and not the 3in like the dynomax. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Dynomax ultra flow kit 19429 is the complete exhaust system for a N/A IDI.
We raffled on off at this years rally and Towcat held the winning ticket.

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
One thing i had heard, i think over on the diesel stop or someplace, was that the walker parts were not mandrel bent and only exited as a 2.5in and not the 3in like the dynomax. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

You would need to compare the part numbers. I think I still have the parts list from my kit, I'll look for it tonight.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just quickly looking, most places seem to be out of stock in IDI Dynomax parts. Might just call Dynomax yourself and see what the issue is and where/when you can get the Y-pipe.

Heath

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just quickly looking, most places seem to be out of stock in IDI Dynomax parts. Might just call Dynomax yourself and see what the issue is and where/when you can get the Y-pipe.

Heath
That is what all my searching came up with as well, no one has any IDI Dynomax in stock at the moment, I ordered the Diamond Eye 4" cat back off summit racing for a PSD, so these y-pipes are going to be the finishing touch. Thanks for the tips/help everyone
Austin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online