Dyno results

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
cause i have it now. but not instsalled yet.

and yes i know about the variances in dynos. i figure it should be pretty close, both were dynojet brand.

Last edited:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cause i have it now. but not instsalled yet.

and yes i know about the variances in dynos. i figure it should be pretty close, both were dynojet brand.

I didn't realize there were two dynos either. Ya I doubt the variation was that big either...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my results from this past run,
206 HP at around 2600 rpm
444 ft lbs at 2100 rpm
max boost of 12.5 psi.

now for the jaw dropping part. i recently installed a moose pump on my truck, 2 weeks before the rally to be exact. during last years rally, i installed new pressure matched BB injectors. i ran before the injectors last year, and after install. the injectors now have around 10000 miles on them. here is the unbelivable numbers.....

last years run, PRE INJECTORS. my injectors were very sick.
134 hp, 283 ft lbs.
AFTER INJECTORS AND SETTING TIMING TO 9.5 degrees
157 hp, 311 ft lbs.
NOW WITH MOOSE PUMP
206 hp, 444 ft lbs.

TOTALING IT UP, in one year i gained 72 hp and 161 ft lbs with the install of BB injectors and a MOOSE!

your results may vary.... lol

What boost did you see last year...not listed?

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm seeing is about 205-215hp, this is fairly consistant.
Why is the torque so different? There seems to be 40-50 point swing in torque and the engines seem to be fairly similar in the builds and manual trans.
Timing? injector wear?

Just got mine running again (n/a auto converted to turbo/5sp) and trying to follow along on what is working to get the HP/T out best.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Gearing, tire size, and injection pumps. Goose does not have a moose pump but it was built by the same shop

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
139HP
253 ft-lb

but hey mines stock.

Wheres my video Darrin? ;Poke Surely you wouldn't have skipped recording the poor truck that was completely stock and could barely start on its own :rolleyes:

nice, that is probably where i am at

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
What I'm seeing is about 205-215hp, this is fairly consistant.
Why is the torque so different? There seems to be 40-50 point swing in torque and the engines seem to be fairly similar in the builds and manual trans.
Timing? injector wear?

Just got mine running again (n/a auto converted to turbo/5sp) and trying to follow along on what is working to get the HP/T out best.

My WAG would be tuning, just by adjusting the IP a little, you can take an IDI with decent performance (run with 6.4s) and turn it into a truck that couldn't pull a sick ***** off a **** pot (can't even keep with a 5.4 F250).
Timing makes a huge difference as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.