Driving my truck around the sand dunes

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove big nasty all over jericho for easter. Here is a video of me and a gal on a short cruise. 2 wheel drive until I had to turn around. Probably would have been fine but once your wheels go more then halfway down into the sand you have pretty much reached the point of no return....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7XroHWfEA

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
funny watching the fender move so much....

and btw, i think something is wrong with your radio... some weird noise coming out of it. and your hats crooked.

whenry912

Full Access Member
Reaction score

and btw, i think something is wrong with your radio... some weird noise coming out of it. and your hats crooked.

Hahahaha, I always tell my daughters, never bring home a guy with a crooked hat on... :backoff

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HAHA I knew I would get plenty of that.

I was also shocked about the movement in the body panels. I had a Land Rover Discovery when I was younger and it had huge gaps in the body lines. I was told by many LR enthusiasts that it was by design for this very reason. That way when the frame flexes it doesnt crunch your sheet metal.

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Music and fashion sense aside the truck did well. It does all boil down to tires because last year I had some skinny bfg's and got stuck everywhere. I have 33 12.50's now and only clicked into four wheel to climb the hill or turn around in soft stuff.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score

ha ha I thought that was a weird lifter tap.....

Jokes aside...I like how your camera is mounted right there...how did you manage that?

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
I made the mistake of having my finger stuck in between the door and fender when i was wheeling one time and it got pinched really bad and had one hell of a blood blister. I think i was checking the gap or the movement or something , but it is crazy how much they move around!

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I have to rotate my hat occasionally, that way the whole thing gets stained the same color.

Nice vid, crazy about the panels though. I'll have to try and see if mine do that next time I am in the dirt.

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you still have the buggy???

heres mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3ZnneRxC0

Still have the buggy but could not afford to register and take it down. Next time.

The double cardon joint on my front shaft is very loose so i did not do any seriouse attempts at sand mtn in 4wheel.

OK. I LISTEN TO FUNNY MUSIC AND WEAR MY HAT BACKWARDS This has been well established now. HAHA. I am also a single dad who works his ass off to support his son and loves working on and driving his IDI truck im sure most of you can relate to me in at least that sense. ;Sweet. I do wish I could make it out to the rally eventually. I would really like to kick dirt and bs with alot of you guys.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
maybe i need to mount a camera on mine, see how bad my panels reall move. i know the flex alot....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger